“Not even worth having a drink at the bar.”
Review of Crazy Clam

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I'm all for second chances and will almost always give a place another shot if my first experience isn't ideal, but this place just kept adding insult to injury from the long wait to be seated to the horrible service and subpar food. I went on a week night for dinner and it didn't seem too crowded. The wait was said to be about 20 minutes so I got a drink at the bar after trying to find a spot to squeeze in and order. The bartender seemed annoyed to when I finally got her attention and the location of tables and serving staff ordering drinks made it impossible to stand anywhere that didn't feel like I was in someone's way. When I was finally seated 45 minutes later, it was under a tree that was shedding little green buds that kept covering my table, hair and clothes-not to mention going into my drink. My server was young so I cut her a lot of slack in the attention department, but when I asked questions about items on the menu she said "Why are you asking me such hard questions?" Okay. I can laugh that off. I ordered a sandwich that I thought was simple enough md would be fast since I had already been there for over an hour. Half the ingredients were missing and my server never came back for me to tell her. The table of 4 to my right got up and left stating "We are going to go someplace where we can eat dinner now." And the table of 2 to me left only got one meal and ten requested to cancel the other order and get something that "can be brought out before my wife finished her dinner?" Needless to say I finally got the bill, paid, tipped and quietly left with nothing but aggravation and disappointment in my gut. The Crazy Clam will not be seeing their second chance from me. Sorry.

1  Thank Check_the_Sheets

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great food and friendly service. Ate here in the afternoon and then ended up staying for dinner and entertainment later in the evening. They had a great band and we had a great time

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Nice place has live entertainment on wkends. Not open in the winter. The food is good substantial servings and fairly priced. The service seems a little young and inexperienced but if ur not in a hurry its adequate.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a great casual restaurant in the heart of Sylvan Beach. If you're a boater, it's perfect, as you can tie up on the pier and it's right there. It's average in cleanliness. There is a designated bar area, and a couple of rooms where there are tables. They often have bands on weekend nights in the summer.

I am a local resident and go there every few weeks. They have more expensive dinners, but we often go just for sandwich-type meals. It's not fancy, so you can wear shorts & a t-shirt. It's got a supposed ocean theme. I think the darkness and the excessive stuff on the walls makes my husband and I not want to spend more than a sandwich-priced meal there.

That said, it's perfect for that and convenient if you're visiting for the day or weekend and I would recommend it.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

food was not bad, we ordered a bunch of seafood appetizers and shared with all 4 of us.
outdoor seating was mostly taken up by all the bikers and was right on the road and canal.
might go back and give it another try