“Well prepared and inexpensive”
Review of Natural Tofu

Natural Tofu
Ranked #32 of 141 Restaurants in Sunnyside
Reviewed November 23, 2015

This place caters to Korean clientele but they take the time to explain things to others. A limited menu but despite the name of the place, they have some chicken, beef, seafood as well. Very popular is a noodle soup (it's basically pho) in a good broth. I had one of the many tofu dishes - exceptionally soft and silky (housemade?) tofu, as a vegetable soup. Ask for rice on the side to mix with it. Very tolerant of children.,

Date of visit: November 2015
Write a reviewReviews (14)

Reviewed February 21, 2015

I've been coming to this small-but-cute restaurant for many years. Recently we came to Natural Tofu for a quick sundubu. Winter is the best time to enjoy sundubu! What good about this place is that they listen to my order well. There're 3 choices of spice levels. Of course I like the "very spicy" one; and of course it brings me tears each time I order that. But I love sundubu so much so I was able to forget the spice. It's a place to enjoy the meal in less than an hour. Not a place to talk about planning a wedding or finding a baby name; that would take too long *:D Side dishes are not bad. Stop by if you're in Sunnyside.

Date of visit: January 2015
1  Thank NoraFrydman
Reviewed November 30, 2014

This is my favorite Soon Du Bu (tofu soup) spot in all of the tri-state area. I have tried quite a few places in K-town and the Fort Lee area and the flavor here is still my favorite. As a previous reviewer has said they do offer 4 levels of spicyness but I prefer my spice level between mild and spicy so I ask for something in the middle.

I do not like their seafood pajun (pancake) much. I prefer the kimchi (fermented cabbage) pajun much more.

They do offer a few Korean BBQ options as well. The portions do seem to be generous for the price. The flavor is good too, but I do not want to comment any further since I usually come for the soup.

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I love Korean food, but I am not good at spicy food. So, it is great to choose my taste.
This restaurant is reasonable price and comfortable to stay.
I love here than Manhattan one.

Date of visit: July 2013
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I'm korean-american and lived in Korea for years. Soft tofu soup (soon-dubu) is in my top ten foods I can eat anytime.

I would venture to say I am an expert on this food.

There's 2 parts to a perfect soon-dubu meal:

1. The soup must arrive at a roiling boil and served with a raw egg that you crack and mix in to
get a perfectly soft poach
2. You should get a soul satisfying barley rice soup made from the burned rice bowl they cook
perfect short grain rice in.

The side dishes are very good, the other dishes are solid (pancakes are great, I'd pass on the kal-bi).

This place has very excellent soon dubu. No place in manhattan comes close, nor in Flushing.

A gem.

$9 bucks for the experience per person.

Date of visit: May 2013