“The Best Tofu Soup”
Review of Natural Tofu

Natural Tofu
Ranked #31 of 133 Restaurants in Sunnyside
Reviewed November 30, 2014

This is my favorite Soon Du Bu (tofu soup) spot in all of the tri-state area. I have tried quite a few places in K-town and the Fort Lee area and the flavor here is still my favorite. As a previous reviewer has said they do offer 4 levels of spicyness but I prefer my spice level between mild and spicy so I ask for something in the middle.

I do not like their seafood pajun (pancake) much. I prefer the kimchi (fermented cabbage) pajun much more.

They do offer a few Korean BBQ options as well. The portions do seem to be generous for the price. The flavor is good too, but I do not want to comment any further since I usually come for the soup.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I love Korean food, but I am not good at spicy food. So, it is great to choose my taste.
This restaurant is reasonable price and comfortable to stay.
I love here than Manhattan one.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I'm korean-american and lived in Korea for years. Soft tofu soup (soon-dubu) is in my top ten foods I can eat anytime.

I would venture to say I am an expert on this food.

There's 2 parts to a perfect soon-dubu meal:

1. The soup must arrive at a roiling boil and served with a raw egg that you crack and mix in to
get a perfectly soft poach
2. You should get a soul satisfying barley rice soup made from the burned rice bowl they cook
perfect short grain rice in.

The side dishes are very good, the other dishes are solid (pancakes are great, I'd pass on the kal-bi).

This place has very excellent soon dubu. No place in manhattan comes close, nor in Flushing.

A gem.

$9 bucks for the experience per person.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This place is just awesome. When you sit down you are presented with a huge spread of Korean pallet cleansers/appetizers. The iconic dish of this place is the soondooboo which is a boiling cauldron of tofu, broth, veggies and either meat or seafood. The coolest part is that it comes to your table boiling hot and they give you a whole egg to crack into it. Its pretty fun. Next to the awesomeness of the food the price is a big selling point. It's very affordable! The soondooboo runs around $9 and combined with the free appetizers this is enough to fill up most people. The kimchi/scallion/pork pancakes are also freakin' awesome and the portion is huge for the price.

Check out the good video review on this site to see it in action: http://www.chow.com/videos/show/ny-chow-report-food-news/115101/ny-chow-report-seafood-soondooboo-at-natural-tofu-restaurant

1  Thank CollinBentley
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 28, 2008

tofu sucks but the BBQ squid and chicken are excellent.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook