“Great service, delicious and interesting”
Review of Salt and Fat - CLOSED

Salt and Fat
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Really loved it here. The meals were more like tasting plates so get a couple each. The scallops were devine, so too was the pasta....we enjoyed everything we ordered. Loved the little touches such as finishing the meal with probiotic yoghurt. Great service too. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

A friend who lives miles away introduced me to this little "hole in the wall" in my own back yard. The name is a bit off-putting, and sure is an attention-grabber. But seriously. How's the food? Well, it's absolutely not as bad for your vascular system as it sounds. As we say in New Yawk, "Ya gotta go!"

We shared three plates: Asian Pear Salad with baby arugala, speck, candied walnuts, goat cheese, lemon honey vinaigrette ($10); Scallops (broiled) with roasted carrot puree, truffled corn salsa, and capers ($10); and Pulled Pork sliders with sriracha BBQ and pickles ($9).

The pear salad was divine. My only wish is that it had been a little bit bigger because I didn't want to share it! The same thing happened when we got to the scallops. The roasted carrot puree could have been warmer, but it was a perfect accompaniment to the scallops -- almost a dessert, to cool down the heat of the salsa and bite of the capers. The chef really knows what he is doing. Definitely one of the best seafood dishes I've ever had. BRAVO!

The pork sliders were a bit on the "too much heat for me" side--but my friend just gobbled them up like she was finally home after a year's absence. These were the reason she had wanted to come, and she enjoyed every second of them.

N.B. The music was indeed too loud when we dined on a busy weekend night. I had a sore throat the next morning from shouting across the table. But if the possibility of too-loud music won't bother you, definitely check it out.

Btw, they do take out, but don't deliver.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Eclectic menu perfectly described by the restaurant name. A wide variety of menu items with many asian inspired dishes. Each table is provided with a small bag of popcorn popped in bacon fat to nibble on - divine!! Our party of four ordered several dishes to share family style, which worked well with the dishes like the pork belly buns, Korean BBQ wraps and the pulled pork sliders. Every dish was delicious and I can't wait to go back and try more! Next time I'll try to save room for dessert; the avocado ice cream sounded divine!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I recently visited my favorite restaurant only to find myself walking right out and going across the street and settling.

I normally don't mind music in any restaurant as long as its kept at a volume where I can still communicate with my family.

The music was way too loud. Not everyone enjoys that.

Normally Salt and Fat has delicious food. Very attentive waitstaff. The portions are rather small so be prepared to order more than one dish. It can get a bit pricey, but well worth it. :)

Please get rid of the music. :(

1  Thank claudia3283
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I’ve been several times here. So far it’s one of my favorite restaurants in Sunnyside. The staff is always friendly. The food is amazing!!I love tapas in general, but Salt and Fat have some especially awesome tapas. They used to have an amazing lobster salad (unfortunately, it's no longer in the menu). I tried scallops with carrot puree (my favorite), brussel sprouts with some cheese on the top (was good), mussels (I don’t like mussels in general, but these were pretty good), the lychee panna cotta (is a must try). Can’t wait to go there again!