“Not for vegetarians!”
Review of Salt and Fat - CLOSED

Salt and Fat
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Eclectic menu perfectly described by the restaurant name. A wide variety of menu items with many asian inspired dishes. Each table is provided with a small bag of popcorn popped in bacon fat to nibble on - divine!! Our party of four ordered several dishes to share family style, which worked well with the dishes like the pork belly buns, Korean BBQ wraps and the pulled pork sliders. Every dish was delicious and I can't wait to go back and try more! Next time I'll try to save room for dessert; the avocado ice cream sounded divine!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I recently visited my favorite restaurant only to find myself walking right out and going across the street and settling.

I normally don't mind music in any restaurant as long as its kept at a volume where I can still communicate with my family.

The music was way too loud. Not everyone enjoys that.

Normally Salt and Fat has delicious food. Very attentive waitstaff. The portions are rather small so be prepared to order more than one dish. It can get a bit pricey, but well worth it. :)

Please get rid of the music. :(

1  Thank claudia3283
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I’ve been several times here. So far it’s one of my favorite restaurants in Sunnyside. The staff is always friendly. The food is amazing!!I love tapas in general, but Salt and Fat have some especially awesome tapas. They used to have an amazing lobster salad (unfortunately, it's no longer in the menu). I tried scallops with carrot puree (my favorite), brussel sprouts with some cheese on the top (was good), mussels (I don’t like mussels in general, but these were pretty good), the lychee panna cotta (is a must try). Can’t wait to go there again!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

After the first line of this review you'll know why it's excellent all around

Bacon fat popped popcorn, amazing! And that just the starter

The trooter is excellent, to satire its the most succulent pig's feet burger ever, before you say "pig's feet?!?!?" yes, it is just that, but imagine the most succulent pulled pork, chopped an grilled as a burger, that what this was excellent as well!

The ox tail is also incredible, with the onion reduction its a little cube of goodness, Korean BBQ wraps are great as err the mussels, all and all a great place, a gem of the neighborhood

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I've read about this place in newpapers and I have even seen a news story about it, but being from Queens, I had yet to visit this establishment.

I finally visited with my girlfriend, who I took their for her birthday. It is a cozy little place, that looks very neighborhood hot-spot-ish. They start you off with a small bag of popcorn cooked in bacon fat. Not bad. The menu isn't that big, but it is a small restaurant. It also is constantly updated, which is pretty cool, unless you find a dish you really like. Most likely it will be gone the next month. It is mainly dishes you can share with someone. I started with the korean bbq wraps. 2 out of the 3 were pretty good, then the 3rd was just fat. She then had some taco sliders, which again, were not bad, but very salty. I finished with the fried chicken, which was pretty good, while she ended with the lobster salad, which she really liked.

Overally, not a bad place, although, not very roomy at our table and I have heard that it can be hard to get into on a busy night.