“Worth the (short) trip to Sunnyside for mezes and other Turkish cuisine”
Review of Turkish Grill

Turkish Grill
Ranked #3 of 112 Restaurants in Sunnyside
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
New York
“Worth the (short) trip to Sunnyside for mezes and other Turkish cuisine”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I had a craving for high quality mezes (small Mediterranean dishes) for father's day this year, and my wife and daughter were so kind as to take me to this restaurant which I found using Yelp ratings.

My wife, having worked in a Kurdish restaurant in Denmark growing up, was a little concerned when we walked in and there were few people in the restaurant at 1:30PM on a Sunday afternoon. However, when the shephard's salad and mezes appeared, all concerns were put aside as we proceeded to enjoy an excellent meal for a very reasonable price in a quiet restaurant, conveniently located near the 7 train. As we ate the restaurant received a few more late afternoon lunchers, all of whom spoke Turkish - a good sign in my book.

I'm looking forward to the next time I can convince my wife to make the trip so I can try many of the other items on the menu.

• Visited June 2012

Sunnyside, New York
“Neighborhood Turkish”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Very fresh selections, good sized portions. Appetizers quite tasty if not groundbreaking. Easy parking or train access.

Visited January 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Friendly turkish restaurant. Huge amount and reasonable price.”
Reviewed August 18, 2008

Friendly turkish restaurant. Huge amount and reasonable price.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook