“Bad Sunday”
Review of The Barnsider Tavern - CLOSED

The Barnsider Tavern
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I went for lunch on Sunday 5/19. We have been going here off and on for 20 years. Sunday may have been the last. We had a coconut shrimp appetizer. I have modest expectations, I know some of this stuff is a frozen product, but there were so overcooked even the shrimp were hard. 4 for $9.95? Get a grip. I had the cuban snadwhich, as you can;t mess that up and it was ok. My wife ordered a bacon and swiss quiche with a side salad. It is clear it is bagged salad. That is sad when a place stoops that low. The quiche was almost as flat as a pancake, and very greasy. My wife did not even touch it. It clearly was frozen as well. Listen, quiche should be fresh, I will wait, but there were no eggs rising in this thing. Then the server, a lady named Billy had the nerve to say that cash tips are appreciated. We love sugarloaf, and the atmosphere of the place, but the owner needs to look hard at his quality. I'll go back after Gordon Ramsey pays a visit, and wakes the quality up in the Barnsider. Unpleasantly shocked at how poor the quality has become, used to be one of our favorites. Take ownership in your place, please. I will miss going there.

23  Thank Robert W

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This restaurant has REALLY gone down hill. Stopped there last night for dinner and would NEVER go back to this dive. Diner food is far superior to what you will get at this place. There was a huge rectangular chunk of carpeting that was removed in the dining area exposing a plywood floor. The table was crusty and the food was disappointing. We ordered two glasses of pinot noir and they came in tiny wine glasses at $7 a pop and they don't serve bottles of wine, just glasses. I ordered a turkey club and left hungry. At one time, this was a good restaurant, but times have changed. I will NEVER return. The place is getting crusty. Avoid this DUMP!

22  Thank plasmid
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Overall pleasant experience. We were there on a Sunday at 1ish and had no issues seating four of us. At our table we ordered sandwiches with one six topping hamburger. My california wrap wasn't awful but nothing special either but I will say it stayed wrapped while eating. Atmosphere slightly 'historic' feel based on aged timbers, etc. Appeared clean enough with food coming out quickly after ordering. Would not recommend for kids based on menu selection of bar food [motzarella sticks] burgers and sandwiches. Pricing wasn't outrageous for serving size. Will go back next week and give burger a try.

20  Thank jcletus
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We eat here about once a month, and we are always greeted by name. The service is friendly, and we especially like having dinner by the fireplace in the rennovated upstairs dining room. its cozy and the food is really good. The downstairs dining room has a great view of the craft village, and the entrance has a large display case showing some of the works of the local craftpeople.

6  Thank humph2
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I went to this place recently on the way back from picking apples in Warwick. I didn't want to go in because it looked dark from the outside and it was a beautiful fall day, but we went anyway. I have never been so depressed in any restaurant / bar. Upstairs is like an old worn attic and downstairs is like a freezing cold dark crypt. The servers are slow and have little care to please the customers. The worst part of this place is the food - truly awful. Everything we ordered was awful.... deep fried so much you could not tell what was supposed to be under the coating. Like zucchini sticks that were nothing but hard, dry clumps of breading. The nachos had some kind of fake cheese that didn't melt and some dry crumpled meat. These were the worst excuse for nachos I have ever seen. And to top it off, less than an hour later, I was under a blanket with severe stomach pains and then sick for days. Do not bother with this place, keep driving right past it. It is an awful place in a cute village.

23  Thank fluffyges