“Good stay here”

Crowne Plaza, Suffern
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Suffern
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I was here for a work event and everything seemed to go smoothly. The nice, open area in the center of the hotel made it really fill large inside and the rooms were comfortable enough to get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear Brian W,
Thank you for the 4 stars. Please come back and visit us soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Nice facility, but poor staff service, always frustrated(front desk and breakfast or restaurant waitress)
Not that cheap for non central area, rooms are clean and good but main window facing interior lobby

Room Tip: I think you can get a better value with this hotel's rate
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
I apologize for your poor experience. This will be reviewed with the staff so we may improve.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Nothing but good things to say here! All the staff, from the check in counter, to the Koi Lounge bartender, to the Manager and the cleaning staff, they were all excellent. Everything we asked for, commented about, or mentioned were heard and dealt with. Our room was nice, big, and clean with a very comfortable bed. *If you stay here, go to the Bagel Boys Cafe for breakfast - it's amazing!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the 5 stars! We are excited that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the nice, modern furnishings of the hotel. our room was strange that we had floor to ceiling windows in to the atrium and the walkway going past, so we always had the blinds shut and not other outside light: great for sleeping late, but strange for the awake times. clean and comfortable. had iron and basic necessities we used. didn't go to the restaurant or bar. tv not HD. nice for a short stay. easily accessible with a car, but unless you need to be in that exact location i'm not sure why you'd be here.

Room Tip: if you like natural light ask for a room on the outside.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank habalooba
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the comments. Most of our stations are HD but there a few that are not available through the vendor but we are working on changing. Please come back and visit us again.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

When first arriving, I thought it was just a plain hotel but upon entering I was proven wrong. I love the modern look they went for, and their koi pond. Their lobby is quite "outdoorsy", which makes it different (in a good way). The room also had a modern touch but the tv wasn't HD (my only complaint about the room). Also, it's hard to expect a good view. My room faced the inside of the hotel, so when I opened the curtains I just saw the walkway and fans of the lobby. There were people at the indoor/open bar until late at night so I was grateful I was at least on the 3rd floor so I wouldn't be disturbed but I can't speak for anyone on the lower levels.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Astrid B,
Thank you for the 4 stars. Thank you for recommending our hotel. We look forward to your return visits.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Let me start by saying that this is a vry beautiful hotel and the dining service is wonderful whether room service or eat in the restaurant they always went out of there way to serve you. I was there on business for three weeks. My corporation paid quite a lot for many employees to stay there. At first I felt it would be great, pet friendly, and yes I brought my pet.I also was on 12 hour night shifts for my job, so sleeping during the day was a necessity. One day however, I was awakened by the phone ringing and it was the front desk who said she waited to call me and see if I needed anything for my room since she knew I had pets. I told her no all I needed was sleep. I travel with my pets frequently and know how to prepare. The next day I was awakened by someone knocking on my door and then preceded to try to open it. Fortunately I had my lock on but I still frightened me terribly. The phone rang and the front desk was saying they heard a noise and wanted to be sure I was all right. Again my dogs and I were sound asleep. I reported this to a staff at the restaurant who came back and said a manger would follow up, This never happened. I decided to leave a comment on check out that I wanted follow up and someone name Linda called who stated one day a dog was loose running the hallway and they wanted to make sure it wasn't mine,I was also charged a $200. cleaning fee then told it would be $100. frr the inconvience. I was so fed up because I left the room clean. If I dropped something taking out the trash, lesson learned have them inspect before you leave. When I saw Linda never corrected the $200 fee to $100 I called back to which she said We found more damage to our room I need to check with hosekeeping. Every time I talked with her it was a different excuse for why they were charging me and if you are going to lie at least be consistent. I have never been treate this way and travel all the time with my 2 small dogs. As of yet Linda has never called back and explained the charges and I will never stay at a crowne plaza again room 132 Jackson in may - june 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jackson9014
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for spending the time with us. I apologize for incident. Linda has been out for personal reasons and I had not assigned anyone to her duties. I apologize and will follow up.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Clean hotel, nice lobby, 2 minutes off the highway, with friendly reception but the room they gave us was never cleaned. Bed unmade, dirty bathroom etc. We went back to reception and were given a clean room and complimentary drinks for the trouble. Room service cart with half-eaten food stayed all evening right outside 2nd floor elevator. Very un-appetizing. Decided to eat supper at hotel restaurant... BIG MISTAKE! Bland atmosphere, boring and limited menu selection, waitress reeked of alcohol, busboy threw my wife's plate of pasta on table and sauce came flying out. No apology or reaction. Food decent but do not recommend it for anyone. Breakfast on the other hand was great. Lots of variety, well prepared omelette, excellent staff and good coffee. Night and day from our supper experience, and only $5 when purchased with room, on-line.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

dear Mark L,
I apologize for the mistakes you encountered during your stay. This is not how we operate. These concerns will be addressed during the departmental meetings. We have just changed our menus and hope you have the opportunity to try us again.
Thank you.
Bob Wilson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Suffern
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nanuet
Hampton Inn Harriman Woodbury
Hampton Inn Harriman Woodbury
#1 of 2 in Central Valley
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah
Sheraton Mahwah Hotel
Howard Johnson Inn Suffern
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah

Been to Crowne Plaza, Suffern? Share your experiences!