“A great place to be during a snowstorm”

Crowne Plaza, Suffern
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Suffern
Reviewed February 15, 2014

About 15 people work colleagues and I were running a workshop nearby and many of the out-of-town employees were staying at the Crowne Plaza. When we learned how bad the snowstorm would be one day that week, we all decided to stay at the hotel for a couple nights and run our workshop there to keep working as we rode out the storm. The staff at the Crowne Plaza were not only able to accommodate us with a conference room and everything we needed to work, but the service was describe by several colleagues as "exceptional." The WiFi always worked, everywhere in the hotel. All staff members (front desk, restaurant, bar, conference, cleaning and maintenance) were fantastic to the guests. The same people were working from 7 AM until 10:30PM and back the next morning with a smile and a friendly greeting. All throughout the snowstorm, the plows were going through the parking lot, and they even ran snowblowers between the cars and helped clean some cars off! The hotel provided shovels; staff and guests helped dig each other's cars out. Back inside, our team had a wonderful (pre-arranged) cocktail hour with a cheese & fruit plate. We completed the workshop successfully and can't say enough about how well we were taken care of at the Crowne Plaza in Suffern.

Room Tip: Inside rooms face the atrium in the middle that has a Koi pond, bar and lounge area. Outside rooms...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Tina C,
Thank you for the 5 stars! It is appreciated. Our staff is very dedicated and enjoy working with our guests. We have the best guests at this hotel. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Thank you.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We were invited to a 25th anniversary party at the hotel 2 weeks ago, we arranged to stay over and was glad. The weather was horrible and knowing we didn't have to drive home was so nice. From the minute we entered the hotel it was first class. The check in was great, rooms were ready. The rooms were beautifully decorated, clean and comfortable. The beds were fantastic, best nights sleep I had in a long time. The cocktail hour food was fabulous, plenty of staff circulating with all kinds of goodies.The dinner was not a disappointment , ribs cooked to perfection, salmon that melted in your mouth, beef tenderloin, and too much to list. The servers and bartenders were so nice and accommodating. Nothing was a problem. I have been to many venues and was not looking forward to a bunch of inexperienced rude wait staff as well as horrible food, well this was not the case. Who knew this fabulous gem was so close to the city, easily accessible to any highway. I have told all my friends what a great experience I had and look forward to visiting your hotel again. Thank you for a great night. Carol Taylor

Room Tip: ask for a fridge if you would like one they are not in the rooms
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Carol B,
Thank you for the five Stars!! It is appreciated. Everyone had a great time at your event, including us! It was a pleasure to work with everyone. Please come back and visit us again -SOON.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We booked two rooms, for three nights, over MLK weekend to visit family. Very much enjoyed our stay. Staff ensured the two rooms that we booked were next to each other, with connecting doors- we appreciated that! Rooms were very quiet, and the mattresses were comfortable, which led to a great nights sleep. Shower was OK, it was difficult to control the temperature, and the shower head is very low. Housekeeping did a great job, providing extra towels, and of course leaving the room spotless. We liked the modern decor and the koi pond situated in the lobby. We will definitely stay here again when we come back to visit family this March. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the 5 stars! It is appreciated. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed here on a business trip. The rooms were very clean, bed was great...no issues...very nice. I will start out saying my trip just happens to be during that last blizzard. So I am not sure if they were short staffed or what the issues were. I ordered room service, it took over an hour and then the food was cold. I called down to get this handled. They offered to reheat my meal. I told them no thanks. I did ask to have it removed from my bill. They said they would. I went down to have breakfast the next morning. The food on the buffet was cold. I had to ask several times to get coffee and then refills. I could understand if the place was packed but there was only 3 other people eating. Then I had to listen to the wait staff telling each other to shut up for what seemed like forever...most likely only a few minutes. When I checked out they had not removed my cold dinner from the night before. The lady, was very polite....did her job, asked a few questions and then removed it. Oh at last customer service...thank you. I will stay there again to give it a second chance...just could have been an off day or two because of the blizzard.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Joe B,
Thank you for the comments. I apologize that the service was not excellent. We did experience some challenges during the last snow storm. Please try us again. We are a great hotel! I promise you will have excellent service.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Very clean modern rooms. Friendly staff! Very Comfortable beds! The staff is very helpful. Especially I have to thank Priscilla who went above and beyond to find my flat iron that I had left. She even made sure I had it in my room to use early the next morning! She went above and beyond any hotel staff I have ever stayed with. Very professional. The ONLY thing I can complain about is the shower. Great shower head. But only has a half door for the shower and the cold air pours in as you are getting a shower and you can't turn the shower on without getting in and a part of you getting wet. So even a partial door would be better. Even a heater in the bathroom would make a difference. ESP in the winter!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank The1twin1
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Valued Gues,
Thank you for the 5 stars! It is appreciated. Priscilla is one of the hotel's best assets. I will pass your comments on to her, Thank you. I do understand that not everyone is a fan of the euporean showers. Next time you stay with us, please ask for a room with a tub and shower curtain. This might help in the future.
Thank you and have a great New Year!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for New Years because we wanted to play it safe and not drive too far from where we had gone out. Having said that, we didn't utilize the hotel as much as we would have liked, but did enjoy each feature of the property we came across. Check-in was friendly and efficient. They asked us our preference in location of the room which is always nice to come by. Our interaction at the Koi Lounge was great. The bartendar was really friendly. We ordered a jumbo shrimp cocktail with our drinks which tasted great. The property itself was beautiful on the inside. It's been renovated so everything is pretty much brand new. They have a koi pond which was really cool. The rooms were very clean and up to date. Our overall stay was pleasant and would defintely return.

Room Tip: Choose a room that faces away from the indoor courtyard to avoid noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear RChar22,
Thank you for the 5 stars! It is appreciated. We look forward to your next visit!
Thank you and have a great New Year!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I went to New York over the Thanksgiving weekend (Black Friday) to do some shopping. I didn't want to stay in Manhattan because the prices for a hotel were around $400USD for a nice place and parking your car at most hotels is about $60-$90USD per night! So I decided to stay 25-30 mins away from the madness of manhattan during black friday weekend and paid about $390USD for 3 nights. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. We arrived 4 hours before check in time, and they had a room ready for us to check in. The hotel and the room that I stayed in was very clean. There was a nice little lobby area with a small pool table and tons of chairs and a nice small bar. The food at the restaurant wasn't the greatest, it was just ok.

The hotel is about 25-30 minutes away from the heart of Manhattan, and it's also 20-25 minutes away from Woodbury Commons. I highly suggest you stay here if you plan on doing a weekend shopping trip. If you're planning on doing the whole 'New York' tourist experience with sightseeing and tours, I would definitely pay the money and stay in the city. This is too far away for those who want to be close to the action and for those who aren't driving.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Rachelle P,
Thank you for the comments. i am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Next time you stay with us please let us know what you would like to see from the menu and we can ask our chef.
Bob Wilson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Suffern
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nanuet
Sheraton Mahwah Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah
Howard Johnson Inn Suffern
Hampton Inn Nanuet
Hampton Inn Nanuet
#2 of 5 in Nanuet

Been to Crowne Plaza, Suffern? Share your experiences!