“Crown Plaza Suffern NY” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Suffern
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
“Crown Plaza Suffern NY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

This hotel is very impressive. The hotel was done over .The rooms are fresh and clean. The beds are amazing to sleep in. I didn't want to leave. The staff goes above and beyond to assist you. The service and food in dinning area was excellent. Room are reasonably priced. If you need a place to stay while traveling this is a must.

Room Tip: I didn't use the spa or swimming pool. Rooms are very clean and relaxing.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Ellen,
Thank you for the excellent review. We try to have all our guests relax and enjoy the beutiful hotel and surroundings. We hope you come back and visit us again soon.
Bob Wilson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

This hotel has grat staff very clean and new appearance. I stayed hear two years in a row. Very satisfied with my stay. I highly recommend this one.Its great when the staff make you feel so welcome!! .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Kevwalsh,
Thank you for the outstanding review. We enjoy all of our guests and welcome them to the hotel. I hope you return again soon.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Hotel is located right off the New York State Thruway (I-287) at exit 14B. This was a Holiday Inn property that has been totally redone. The staff is attentive and the place is very nice, though this is not a Hyatt or 4 Seasons property. Having said that, if you are travelling and need a very nice place to stay at very competitive rates you won't go wrong staying at this location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Jack2act,
I appreciate your comments. The hotel has gone through a major renovation 2 years ago and is an outstanding hotel. Our staff pride themselves to be a part of a beutiful property and it is noticed. We hope you return to visit us soon.
Hershey, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza February 15-18 and I was very impressed with it. The hotel is beautiful and the staff is very friendly. I visited the lobby bar, used the fitness center, and ate breakfast two mornings at the lobby restaurant. I do have to say, the bed was amazing! It was like sleeping on a cloud. The hotel was close to everything I needed to get to for my business trip. There were other people there but it was never too loud or obnoxious. Overall, I had a great experience and I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to this area. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Jenny S,
Thank you very much for the great review. We do have the best staff that enjoys our guests and it shows. We look forward to your return visits.
Thank you again.
VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed recently at this hotel. I really liked the lobby area -- it looks like a ski chalet. And the rooms were super clean and modern. No complaints at all about the rooms (and I loved the bed too -- rivaled Westin's Heavenly Bed). Had the Chicken Parmasan -- really good. So that part of the stay was a very pleasant suprise -- the facility is four stars.

Unforunately, I had to get up early at 530am for a corporate event. I went downstairs at 530am -- no coffee, unlike a luxury hotel. It would be nice to have a coffee urn out. The restaurant doesn't open until 630am, which is really 30 minutes too late for business travelers. I must say the security guard was a prince and got me a coffee at about 615 from the kitchen. That was above and beyond.

My two other complaints were: 1) no soy milk. One quarter of America cannot drink milk. Staff had no idea. I said I was allergic to milk, and the morning person offered me skim milk. It just doesn't take much these days to stock some soy.

2) I had a package arrive the night before -- but the front desk didn't tell me until I was leaving.

This is a limited service hotel. There is no gift shop/sundries shop. So if you adjust away that expectation, the remodel is quite good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the review. I will pass your comments to the security guard. He will appreciate them. I apologize for the soy milk. It will be addressed with the culinary department. I do hope you come back. Please contact me if you do return.
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at the Crowne Plaza Suffern for a wedding in Central Valley NY. This was the best option in the area that had a newer modern rooms within reasonable distance to the venue and church.

It looks like an older hotel from the outside but the inside is beautifully renovated. Since I was in the bridal party I was able to see the suite and the regular room. The suite had a nice sitting area with kitchenette/breakfast bar and large bathroom. The regular king room we stayed in was modern clean and the bed was comfortable. I was quite happy with the room. As far as service we were barely there so I cannot comment much on the service, however the front desk and check in was quick and courteous.

They had a bar, restaurant and room service which was convenient.

The reason I give this hotel 3 stars and not more is because of noisy its Atrium design. In this case the wedding party I was with were the ones causing the noise but once I went to the room I could hear voices and carrying from below. This may not be as much of an issue if there are no large groups staying at the hotel. Overall I still had a good experience.

Important note: Noise from bar and restaurant could possibly be and issue. The open air Atrium design of the inside of the hotel causes noise to travel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Christie,
Thank you for the comments. I apologize for the noise in the atrium. When we know we have these types of groups in the lounge late at night, we arrange for them to use one of our board rooms so they can enjoy themselves without interrupting other guests. Please come back and visit us soon.
Gneral Manager
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stood at this hotel during hurricane Sandy as we were storm responders. Room was very clean with nice decor and hotel staff were very pleasant. Good food and comfortable stay. Stood at this hotel when in was owned by Holiday Inn. They have done a fantastic job since taking over the hotel. I certainly would recommend a stay at the Crown Plaza. Clean and comfortable. What else do you need ?

• Stayed November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear NewYorker184,
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are happy that we met your expectations. We look forward to your return visit.
Bob Wilson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suffern
Sheraton Mahwah Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nanuet
Hampton Inn Nanuet
Hampton Inn Nanuet
#2 of 5 in Nanuet

Been to Crowne Plaza, Suffern? Share your experiences!