“Terrible and not worth” 1 of 5 bubbles

Crowne Plaza, Suffern
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Suffern
“Terrible and not worth”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I went there to prepare for my exam. The customer service is way off the pale. If you are minority, you will be singled out
The bathroom was having poop stains
Only one towel, I told them I needed another room, then they said that i am free to leave if i want!
OK, i asked for reimbursement they cannot do that
I took the pictures and send it to the corporate office

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank maathen
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Sir,
I apologize for the misunderstanding. I thought when we met on your first day with us that you accepted my apologies for any confusion. I welcome for you to return at anytime if I can be of any assistance.
Bob Wilson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

We just spent three nights here and had three nights of great sleep. The beds are a little bit on the soft side but they were fine. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean and every staff person we dealt with was friendly, professional and helpful.

Our room had no window facing outside. It faced an indoor corridor. Usually this would be a problem but, since we were on west coast time, having a blacked out room helped us sleep as late as we wanted. Also our room was at the end of the hallway so we didn't hear any noise at all.

Bottom line: I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: get a room that is as far away from the common area as possible.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SFTripper
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear SFTripper,
Thank you for a great review. We are gald you had a wonderful time and we look forward to your return visit.
NewYork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Our annual employee recognition event was held at the Crowne Plaza Suffern. From initial planning, to final evening production, the Crowne worked with us and made the event fantastic. We had 300 guests, and the Crowne worked with us every step of the way, including setting tables for late arrivals. Many thanks to Diago, who coordinated our whole evening, and worked all the behind-the-scenes details without question. Food was great for such a large number of guests, as well as use of the facilities for our evening activities.
Terriffic night; we're looking forward to working with them again next year.

Room Tip: Although the Crowne set aside several rooms for our group, this was more of a large group event.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jeff K,
Thank you for the excellent review. Diego and his whole staff certainly doeseverything first class. I am please to hear that you will be joining us again next year. Please come by before that time and say Hello. We all enjoy when our guests drop by to see us.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

I work 12 hour days. This hotel has a large common area which echos with every whisper. The hotel has parties in the common area. My room faces the common area. I can hear everyone talk, laugh, the gaggle of 12 year old girs scream, you name it I hear it in my room. I have not had a good nights sleep in days. I complained to the desk clerk at night and in the mornings. His response? "you gotta understand they are just blowing off steam". The Priority Club is a blocked-off space in the lobby. There is coffee, sometimes, and there is fruit and muffins, sometimes, and there is a small refrigerator with 2 small cartons of milk. The hotel is clean and the bed is soft, but who cares if you cant sleep?

Room Tip: Do NOT stay facing the common area!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SouthCalgirl
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
I apologize that the Manager on Duty did not rectify your issue Satueday evening. We did try to please you the following day but the damage was already done. Please stop by my office any time if I can further assist you.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Great place located about 30 minutes away from downtown Manhattan. The hotel is about 15 minutes away from the Woodburry Outlets. The hotel is really clean and has very nice rooms. The room along the highway a just a bit noisy. The also have rooms facing the inside of the hotel. They can be a bit less intimate and can be noisier if they are having a reception. Defenatly get the room with the breakfast deal. If you buy them separately they are 14,95$ a person. The breakfast is a full breakfast with eggs and the chefs a pretty good in making the eggs as YOU like them. Overall, it was a really nice stay and the fact that the head server in the restaurant ( Chantal ) came from Montreal a spoke French, really made us feel at home in a foreign city. We will be staying there again.

Room Tip: The room along the highway a just a bit noisy. The also have rooms facing the inside of the hotel. T...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mike K
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Mike K,
We are happy that you enjoyed the hotel. Freddy the breakfast cook enjoys cooking eggs to order. We hope you had a great visit. Thank you for joining us and look forward to your next visit. Chantal says Hello.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I came to work in the Trip-State area, the location was not the most convenient but the value made up for it. Plenty of moderately priced restaurants to choose from close by, but that's it. Staff was warm and friendly, facilities are more than comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Mr. Duncan,
Thank you for your response. We pride ourselves on the great and friendly staff we employ at the Crowne Plaza. It's always nice to hear from our guests.
Bob WIlson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza twice thus far, and each time I've stayed 2 nights. The first week everything was nice. The room was very clean, excellent beds (a king size bed very comfy), and plenty of pillows (I guess that's subjective though). The high speed Internet is slightly slower than the LTE on my iPad. The heat in the room was not up to par (I had to put it up to 77 to get it to 73 degrees). There was quite a draft under the door as well.

The second week was just as nice, though my heater stopped working. It was working in the beginning, and on the last night it just stopped. The maintenance man was at my room in less than 5 minutes from my call to the front desk. When his fix did not work they relocated me, which took maybe 15 minutes from time of call until the front desk brought me my new room cards. Very friendly and quick service.

Because I will be doing business in Suffern for quite some time, I look forward to staying at the Crowne Plaza each week.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jim F,
Thank you for the great response. I appreciate hearing that the staff responded quickly to you. Please drop by my office and say hello since you will be staying with us in the future.
Bob Wilson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suffern
Sheraton Mahwah Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nanuet
Hampton Inn Nanuet
Hampton Inn Nanuet
#2 of 5 in Nanuet

Been to Crowne Plaza, Suffern? Share your experiences!