“My stay here was one of the worst hotel experiences I've ever had.”

Crowne Plaza, Suffern
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Suffern
“My stay here was one of the worst hotel experiences I've ever had.”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I expect more out of Crowne Plaza. The facility is obviously a cheap motel that they bought and tried to update. Totally lacking in amenities and the staff are atricious. The hotel staff has serious communication issues. They attempted to charge us additional fees for services we did not use and gave us a hard time about having a dog. We declared the dog at check in and were given a free "upgrade" in room. Turns out our upgraded "suite" was a small room, with only a small stand up shower in the bathroom. Later, we were informed that we were not in a pet friendly room and they attempted to charge us additional fees. The front desk also tried to charge us for additional fees for "incidentals". Our trip was ruined by this hotel experience and we will not be staying at a Crowne Plaza facility again.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank elizabethxv
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Elizabehxv,
I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We do try to keep our pet friendly rooms on the first floor for ease to our guests. I hope you will try us again in the future. Please call me directly when you are back in the area so we may improve on your stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Massapequa Park, New York
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Everything about the stay at the Crowne Plaza was perfect from the moment we arrived until the time we left. The staff is friendly and accomodating. The facility is immaculately clean. Our room had a very comfortable bed with plenty of pillows, so we didn't have to call and beg for more. The only thing about the room that we found silly and impractical was some sort of elongated setee. Other than occupy a lot of space in the room, it didn't appear to serve a practical purpose. It was neither comfortable for sitting and reading nor sleeping. But, so what, the rest of the room was comfortable and clean!!! As we were with a convention of sorts, our meals were provided by the hotel. The food was very good and plentiful with a nice assorted selection of foods to accomodate all tastes. This hotel does not have a pool. I accidentally clicked the radio button to rate the pool. We look forward to returning and highly recomend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for the great comments! We have worked very hard to make sure every guest experiences a outstanding stay. Please let me know when you are back to vist us. I enjoy the opportunity to meet our guests. I look forward to your next stay with us.
monroe
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is the 4th time I have spent a weekend at the Crowne Plaza in Suffern. I belong to a
scrapbooking group. Everytime I have spent a weekend there it has been nothing but wonderful.
The rooms are spotless and the staff is so helpful.
The chef is terrific and there is such a great variety of food to select from.
We truly enjoy our stay there and wouldn't think of changing hotels.
They go above and beyond (especially the ice sculpture of Mickey Mouse for our Dinsey Themed
weekend along with the Mickey Cake,)
Anne

Room Tip: All of them are terrific.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Susan,
Thank you for your continued support. The Chef enjoyed making the ice carving for you. The pictures came out great. We are so happy you all enjoyed your stay. We enjoyed having you here as our guests. We can't wait to see you all again. I love your laughs!! It's catching.
Bob
Floral Park, New York
Reviewed October 22, 2012

we were 2 couples and we had a great stay. Rooms were great. Service was great. The hotel had a great lobby area with bar etc. It sorta felt like a modern Lodge. I liked the idea of 12pm checkout. One thing is breakfast at the hotel restaurant should be extented. 11 am was cutting it short. Bill the bartender was great. He recommended some restaurants and we tried the Greek place. Was great. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Molly,
Thank you for the kind words. We strive to make all our guests stay an enjoyable one. Bill continues to be one of our best assets. We have so many employees with his great demeanor, I hope you had the opportunity to meet them. We look forward to your future stay with us. Please drop by and say Hi during your next stay.
Bob
Utica, New York
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed for one night recently and was very impressed. The front desk help was the best that I have ever experienced. The entire facility is spotless and updated. There is a nice bar in the large general area. Each room has a very large high def tv. They allowed me to check in early to accommodate my traveling needs. As a Priority Club member, I believe this place is well worth the money. Will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Bob W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza, Suffern, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank You! Thank you! We have worked hard on establishing a place so our guests would enjoy their stay. I am please that you had such a wonderful time. I will review your excellent comments with the staff. They all enjoy hearing the feedback from our guests. I hope you had the opportunity to enjoy our new Priority Club area for all our members. It was just completed last week.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We stay in the area when we go to West Point for Army football. The last time I stayed at this Crowne Plaza was in 2010 when the renovations were in progress. What a beautiful result, the center courtyard is huge with the restaurant and bar open and airy. The courtyard has lots of areas to sit or merry with large groups. There is also a nice waterfall centerpiece in the courtyard.
The rooms have been upgraded to the modern Crowne Plaza, business traveller friendly, motif. The rooms are well lit and there are lots of easily accessed inputs for are a business traveler's electronic needs. The bathroom is well lit and open with a shower that was both stylish and inviting. Good location when visiting West Point, it is about a 30 minute ride.
My only negative comment is that the only option for breakfast on Saturday is a full buffet. I would have liked to have eggs cooked to order, while my wife and kids only wanted something small so the buffet option did not work for us. We ended up going to a local diner. Overall the hotel was great and we will be staying here again during the football season.

• Stayed October 2012
Welcome to our West Point Army Fans! Please let us know when you are attending the games and we started a program of special "Thank you" gifts for those attending the games. If you are on the website goarmysports.com, you can book directly for the games and purchase your tickets for the games too. I apologize that the wait for breakfast was so long. We will address it in order to come up with a solution. Thank you.
Montreal, Quebec
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed here with another couple and our baby for one night on our way from Quebec to New York City. The beds were extremely comfortable and the bathroom was very modern. The only complaint I have was that the crib that was provided to us was not great. Also, we waited in line for breakfast for 10 mins and no one ever came to seat us so we left.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review. I will have housekeeping research a better alternative for the cribs. I apologize for the wait for breakfast. We are addressing the issue with a better solution. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suffern
Sheraton Mahwah Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah
Howard Johnson Inn Suffern
Courtyard Mahwah
Courtyard Mahwah
#3 of 8 in Mahwah
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nanuet
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah

Been to Crowne Plaza, Suffern? Share your experiences!