“Marcello's provides a pleasant dining experience, and more...”

Marcello's Ristorante
Ranked #1 of 59 Restaurants in Suffern
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Upscale Italian Restaurant with full bar and Wine Spectator award wine list chef and cookbook author cooking studio on premise for all private events Wine dinner,Cooking class,Corporate team cooking class,Hand on cooking class
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I have dined at Marcello's about six times. Each time, we had a very positive, enjoyable experience. The food has been delicious. The staff has been friendly and helpful. It's not unusual to see Marcello, himself, come out and greet his guests. I like that!

Our most recent visit was on February 10. On that day, Marcello was featuring a 3-course fixed price lunch/or dinner. In addition, there was a Valentine's Concert with love songs sung by Giada Valenti at the Lafayette Theater, which is in easy walking distance from the restaurant. The lunch or dinner was $35 a person. Once again, the food was delicious. There was a variety of choices for both appetizers and entrees. The dessert was a sampling of 4 different items. Very satisfying! Marcello came around to each of the tables to speak with his guests, and he also came to the theater. If you purchased your tickets early, the concert tickets were $15 per person. It was a delightful way to celebrate Valentine's Day.

With the positive experiences we have had, we look forward to future visits to Marcello's!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I took my mother there a few years ago on an afternoon that they were having specials. it was the only way for me to afford to take her. The service was not good, condescending. I can afford it now, but I won't return.

1  Thank CrazyboutKeyWest
marcelloSuffern, Manager at Marcello's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

I apologize for the unpleasant time you had at our restaurant. If you could please e-mail me, I would like to know exactly what made the service not so good. I would like to prevent this in the future. But thank you for your comment, I hope to hear from you soon.

e-mail: danielle@marcellosgroup.com

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Food is delicious, good service, expensive, but worth it. Very nice evening out. Enjoy with friends or family.

marcelloSuffern, General Manager at Marcello's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thank you "NewCityBabs" for your review. Hope to see you again with your friends and family to enjoy another nice meal!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great food and Great service. We treat ourselves to this restaurant 2 times a year. It is expensive $$$

marcelloSuffern, Owner at Marcello's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2015

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We went to Marcello's for my Birthday celebration. Everything was great from the very start. Between a very nice menu and great specials we had trouble deciding what to order.
We decided on the Zuppa Di Pesce and the Rib Eye steak for our main course.

We started with the Salsiccia Di Cinghiale Con Broccoletti - wild bore sausage with apple & cranberry with a chutney of figs & cherries served with broccoli rabe and crispy polenta - Excellent

Our next course was the Arugula, Radicchio & Endive salad with balsamic dressing and the Panco Encrusted Warm Goat Cheese over greens with walnuts, apples, sweet roasted peppers, in a lemon garlic mustard dressing - both were very good.

Then onto our main course - ZDP was very good, rib eye was cooked to perfection.

Finally dessert and coffee - Creme Brulee and Reginetta - both excellent

The staff, especially our server Tony was very attentive to our needs without being pretentious.

Marchello's is a little gem in Suffern, NY. Give it a try you will not be disappointed