“Love Augie!!!!!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Great Staff, Great guests... Always have a great time. Love the Chicken Francese and The Capaho Chicken, Great sauces and Great peronal Pizzas

There are newer reviews for La Vera Cucina

Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is a very upscale restaurant. My wife had a scallop/pasta entrée ($29.99) that was terrible. The white sauce was good, but the scallops were like rubber-coated tennis balls. We asked to have just the scallops prepared again, as we assumed they were just over-cooked. They came out the same. My chicken parm was bland. The red sauce was bitter. I asked if the sauce was cooked the same day, and was told they make a large pot of it, and serve it until it is gone. The chicken was deep-fried, instead of being sautéed; overcooked, with crusty edges. They did not charge me for ONE glass of wine, but I paid over $80 for the poorest meal I have had in a long time, and received the motivation to write this review. You can much better in a local pizza parlor.

2  Thank George F
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We love good tasting food ...and this was the BEST..I had a pasta dish and my husband had a seafood dish. I should have skipped dessert but I could not pass it up, it was delicious.The staff was very attentive and what a great atomospher. I WILL be returning with family and friends!!!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent athmosphere. Friendly staff. Our family had a great time at this restaurant. The food was very good, our kids loved the fresh pasta.

1  Thank suev17
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Once again I went back to Vera Cucina, although I think it is La Vera Cucina (as the sign says). First, don't let the location and/or the old-fashion type awning fool you. I remember these types of awnings in strip malls. LOL. This is a small strip mall and you may pass it hundred times before you know it. Regardless, it might look like a typical, local, old fashion place with a nondescript awning -- but no way! This place is excellent!!!

I look forward to going here each and every single time I am in the area. When you walk in, the place becomes expansive. You get a nice long walk to the hostess and bar area. They have an excellent bar, friendly bartenders, who make excellent drinks, and can give you advice on the menu as well. They offer you the menu to look over even if you are just having a drink and waiting for a table. You will enjoy the drinks too. I've had an ice-cold martini or just a cocktail, and it's always executed well.

I've eaten at the bar and in the main dining room -- either -- is excellent!

The food is top-notch. This is not traditional Italian per se. There's a different flair on many of the dishes. Each dish I've had -- I've liked! Even if the dish appears traditional, there is a creative, modern, personal touch flair. Read the menu, ask questions, and you will get some really good insight as to what's there. The sauce is flavorful and has excellent taste. Ask questions about the dishes and you will get great insight and advice. From the appetizers to the desserts, everything is excellent. Check out the specials, both the appetizers and the entrées. I've gone from pasta, to meat, to a special pasta with seafood, to veal, and so on -- everything I've had is excellent.

While the dining room are may appear to be formal, and more fine dining, there are people who were wearing jeans, but dressed nice. The bar area is from casual to dressed up -- everyone feels comfortable. I've worn jeans at the bar and in the dining room. I've also worn slacks and and jacket/tie...and again felt comfortable. Just an excellent place!

In my opinion, this is the best Italian restaurant in Rockland County...

1  Thank cory r