“Beautiful in the morning, serene in the afternoon...”
other travelers have booked this property
Year Round Splendor
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Year Round Splendor
Gorgeous Sunset!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Judy C
White Oak, Pennsylvania
“Not what you think.”
Reviewed October 22, 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

For this time of year, it is not the place to rent. First it uses a well system for their cleaning and bathing water that smells like sulfur (rotten eggs!) Not a pleasant experience. Second the internet connection did not work at all. I would first get a message to pay a bill, then after 5 minutes it would shut off. Remember there is also no cell phone service. That was expressed in the information regarding the cottage. The television also only has 2 channels. Actually my husband had to work on it for 1 hour to get the television connected. When I called for assistance I was told that the television was connected to an antenna on the outside of the cottage. Actually when we checked, the cable is disconnected. When you need to use the bathroom it is requested that you throw your "pee" paper in the waste can next to the toilet. There is a spring water bottle that has drinking cold and hot water. We actually filled a bowl so that we could wash our hands in clean, unsmelling water. This cottage may have been okay if it was in the summer and you do not spend as much time indoors. Unfortunately, this time of year, 50 degrees during the day and rainy does not warrant spending alot of time outdoors. When we first entered the cottage, the temperature was 50 degrees and due to the way the cottage was heated, it took 3 hours to get the cottage to 70 degrees. The cottage was cute, but not something that I would rent again. I also would never recommend this to anyone. Also, all of the notes around the cottage got on my nerves. I felt like I was always being told what to do. I would think that when you rent property in an isolated area, you must realize that some people are not aware of how to take care of others property, or that mice, rodents, or ants have ways of getting into the cottage.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was decorated nicely.
Liked least: The smelly water.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Apr 19, 2015
Oh boy, I'm sorry, I just saw this review. Between Flipkey and Airbnb we have 68 4.5 to 5 star reviews so i hope one person doesn't ruin it for all. We don't advertise that we have cable tv (although there are tons of movies there, we don't get many people who want to watch tv there and they don't offer a cable package in the area unless we want to put a satellite dish on the dock- we don't!). The water can have a sulphury smell depending on usage. Definitely if that is something that is going to ruin your getaway another home might be better. Of course we do offer fresh spring drinking water. The internet should work perfectly- if not just give us a call and we will help you! Sunset is amazing. Never in anybody's wildest dreams would it deserve one star. Unfortunately Judy never got in touch with us with any of her concerns. Oh well, you can't please everybody all the time but we sure do try - 99% of the time we get it right! Please, if you have a concern, get in touch with us prior to your departure! We take a lot of pride in our homes and want to make your stay as comfortable and happy as possible!!! :)
680debbie
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful in the morning, serene in the afternoon and stunning in the evening.”
Reviewed September 29, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Sunset was the perfect Adirondack retreat I could have imagined. Our family vacationed in the Adirondacks, mostly Great Sacandaga Lake, throughout my youth. Waking up with the stunning view of the lake brought back great memories and soothing rest for this very busy life I lead. I can't wait to rent this very special cottage again soon.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The lovely inside of the cottage with all of the vintage shabby chic style.
Liked least: Dealing with the flushing situation.
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Nov 4, 2015
Thank you Debbie, you are always welcome :)
Buffalo NY/ RI
Reviewed April 23, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Nov 4, 2015
Hope you visit again!!! :)
NJ
Reviewed January 31, 2013 for a stay in August 2010

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Nov 4, 2015
Hope you can visit again!
NY
Reviewed January 30, 2013 for a stay in August 2012

New Jersey
Reviewed August 24, 2012 for a stay in October 2010
people found this review helpful

A romantic getaway
Aug 24, 2012
Thank you Kathryn & Glenn. You know we always love to hear from you. You are very special guests and we welcome you, always. :)
NY
Reviewed August 18, 2012 for a stay in October 2011

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Aug 18, 2012
Thank you for your kind review Veronica! How can we get five stars? I notice that we score five stars for everything else but not overall. Let me know how we can make it better! Thank you and we look forward to your return :)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing