This summer will be my 20-something-th time visiting the ranch. i love 1000 acres.
if you want a vacation where you can relax, see and experience nature, and find the good in the world, this is the place for you. if you want a vacation where you can drink all day and be completely hedonistic, this is the place for you. if you want a vacation where you can take the family on a kayak down the river, or into lake george to have fun in the wax museum or play at the arcade or have some ice cream, this is the place for you. whatever kind of vacation youre looking for, you can find it at 1000 acres. it is what you make it and want it to be, and that's the magic of the ranch.
these are my favorite things to do at the ranch:
1) go swimming in the river. it is cold, but totally exhillarating. just jump in. if there has been a lot of recent rain, the water will be extra cold, and the water-level may be higher so you cannot wade across, so strong swimmers only if this is the case. swim across to the little islands and go exploring. you may see some beautiful birds, or a frog, or even a deer. dont be afraid to embrace nature. water shoes are good to wear too.
2) fires by the riverside at night. bring beer and a guitar and friends.
4) putting countless songs on the jukebox while playing pool in the red dog (the bar at the ranch)
there are so many more things i love to do at the ranch, but this review is too long already. the one thing i plan on doing this summer when i go: seeing the thursday night fireworks in lake george. i found out last year that they have fireworks every thursday night in the summer. life doesnt get much better than that
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Stony Creek Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1000 Acres Ranch Hotel Stony Creek
- 1000 Acres Hotel