“Great time !”

Stony Creek Ranch Resort
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Just returning from my 5th Halloween weekend at the Ranch
Great new management and staff; accommodating and friendly. They really made us feel at home and interacted with their guests.
They made every minute so much fun.
Can't wait for next year !

1  Thank Margaret H

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Just returned from 1000 Acres Ranch Resort.Had a fabulous time.Food,entertainment,horse back riding,saloon......Loved it all.The people were wonderful.Can't wait to go again next year.The new management has done a wonderful job and has made the place even more fun.I love the way the staff mingle and have fun with the guests.GREAT, GREAT TIME.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kathy M
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I just returned from our annual Halloween week-end trip with our line dancing group- The 14th trip for the group- 9 or 10 for me..This was one of the best weekends we have ever had..The new management is in place and have done an amazing job in a short amount of time. They and their staff were friendly, outgoing and very anxious to please. The food was delicious, served quickly and more plentiful than needed! We had great music at the Roadhouse Saloon- along with dancing lessons so all guests could participate..There were extra activities added this year like pumpkin carving, hayrides cabin decorating for Halloween, a bon fire w/guitar player and a scavenger hunt. I had some of the best riding I've ever had there-The staff made the rides diffferent, good for 3 different levels of experience and lots of fun! (thanks Kate!!)..The cabins are still rustic- but clean and we definetly saw improvements there as well. I can't wait for next year...

Room Tip: We stayed in cabins furthest away from the main building- they're quaint and we had lots of spac...
1  Thank Nancy C
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Just came back from the halloween weekend up at the ranch. This was my 2nd year there. I could not of asked for a better time. The staff was friendly and accomadating.
The food was delicious and plentiful.
The halloween party was a blast with the RoadHouse band playing live music all night long.
The cowboys and cowgirl (Katie) were great and made horseback riding a fun experience.
The new management team in place is definitaly making a difference and it shows.
I can't wait to go back next year.

1  Thank Rick R
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Just returned from spending an all adult Halloween Weekend at this resort. Our waitress, Carolyn was friendly and aimed to please at all times which was an accurate indication of the superb service from everyone we came in contact with. The view from our room was spectacular and although we weren't in it for long periods, it was clean and comfortable. Activities were planned for the guests whether you were going to ride or not and the highlight was the costume party on Saturday evening. The food was delicious and plentiful, the drinks reasonable and the accommodations clean. This was my first visit to the ranch and I will most certainly return.

1  Thank Terry R
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This place is rustic, relaxing and simply enjoyable. This is our 5th year coming here and by far it is the least expensive and most entertaining adult weekend anyone of us could hope for. We drive 4.5 hours coming out Thursday night and staying in Lake George so we can have an early start for the final 20 minute drive to The Ranch. Every year with good weather or sometimes inconsistent, the horse back riding is always wonderful. The wranglers who guide you through the many trails are engaging and caring to try to make happy all guests who are at various riding skill levels. A job well done to them. The food is good and never ending and the staff works hard to try to accomodate all requests. We eat, we snack and we walk away never feeling hungry at all. DJ music Friday night and a live band Saturday night. We always rent the cabins (32 and 33) and this year their were 16 of us spread out in different rooms and cabins and they're what a ranch should be and the day staff is very nice and came in and cleaned up after us after a day and night of solid fun.

Let me close by saying this....new management this year and they are fantastic and a welcome addition to The Ranch. This year has a whole new feel to an already fun, welcoming getaway place. They are Jim and Michelle and they are now the General Managers of The Ranch and they are DJ masters, dance instructors. They are young and bring new ideas to The Ranch. I enjoyed very much the more energized feel to a place we already enjoy. The owner made a very good decision in bringing these 2 to The Ranch. There's not enough I can say about how they engage customers, accomodate requests and simply get out there and enjoy with us. A tip of my hat to both of them and keep the good work, well done. This place is fantastic and I recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Rustic, outdoors ranch feel with a front porch to sit on that sits at water's edge watching the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ron R
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My family has been going here for 25 years. Started going here before my two boys were born. We have gone up the same week of July. As the boys aged I would ask them where they would want to go and they always choose to go to the Ranch. The childrens and adults activity directors have always been fun, flexible and accommodating. There goal is to make sure you are having fun. I can tell from all of the years I have gone every, person at the ranch will go out of there way to help you. This place has and old time feel of what a horse ranch should be, not a Ritz Carlton and tons of luxury. It what a Ranch should be. The Cowboys and Cowgirls really do Love what they do and will make sure your rides are very safe and memorial. The food varies from very good to exceptional. The amount of food is unlimited, and special menu requirements are always available. Be really to do nothing or everything. I always need a vacation when I get home from all of the stuff we do there. White water rafting, Canoeing/kayak, hiking, dancing, softball etc. Try it.......I believe you will love it, especially kids.

Room Tip: The Duplex Rooms are plenty big for a family of 4 or more.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
The Alpine Lodge
The Alpine Lodge
#2 of 4 in North Creek
Super 8 Lake George/Warrensburg Area

Been to Stony Creek Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!