“Big disappointment - 24 hour reservation for tea”

Robinson's Tea Room
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Vestal New York
“Big disappointment - 24 hour reservation for tea”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Tried because of all the reviews. At 4 pm essentially nothing available from the menu. Only scone left was a butterscotch one - heavy. If you want afternoon tea, you need to make a booking 24 hours in advance.
Decorations around the bookcase and counters are plastic flowers etc - you would never see this in a real tea room.
Redeeming feature is the large choice of teas, so come here for tea but not much else. Not the real thing. If you have tried afternoon high tea in London or at Raffles in Singapore this will be a real disappointment.

• Visited July 2013

“A real treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have come here with my daughters on several occasions when they came to visit and we have never been disappointed. The food is always fresh, beautifully served with attention to details. The owners are gracious and make you feel at home. Make sure you come early enough to enjoy the scones for dessert. They are spectacular!! We always leave feeling like we have gone back in time. Great place!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Earthscigal
Kettering, United Kingdom
“Genuine English Brew”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Fine tea in a teapot! Delicious food from a very extensive menu. Super service from staff who really know what they are doing and how to look after their customers. Don't miss it.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank panda65
Reston, Virginia
“A Lovely Afternoon Tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I recently had the joy if experiencing Robinson's Tea Room. A couple of girlfriends and I are kind of on a tea house kick. Well this one is superb. It was quaint. Meaning yes, it was small, but not cramped. I'm not a teeny lady and I had plenty of room. It was decorated simply with chintz curtain with lace edges. Candle sconces on the tables. The house tea at Robinson's is my absolute favorite tea, called Yorkshire Gold. I recommend it highly, and friend of mine from England keeps me in supply so I know this is indeed the real deal. We all opted for the high tea and the owner came by to explain what we would be getting and asked if we had any food allergies. My friends are not seafood fans so in addition to the 3 tier platter we received I also had a small plate with two shrimp salads on crackers. So fresh and delicious, and from there it only got better. The clotted cream was divine, the scones were warm and delicious. The selection of finger sandwich's were a very nice mix, and the pastries were decadent. Although I did not eat too many of them. I could have just sat there and devoured the scones with the jam and clotted cream. Our waitress Tristan was sweet, and attentive. We had such a lovely time, and the owner came back to speak with us to make sure we were enjoying the tea. I will be back here again. Nice tea room, great teas and food, and friendly owner and staff. A tea trifecta!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Mustangmary12
atlanta
“Really good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had the cinamon scones with jelly and cream....yummy. What a quaint place. Service was excellent and the place had a nice atmosphere. Would make a special trip to have the scones again.

• Visited May 2013