“China in Stony Brook!”

Add it.
Ten 89 Noodle House
Ranked #16 of 51 Restaurants in Stony Brook
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My husband and I had recently come back from a trip to China..since I had been here once before, I wanted to have my son and husband and friend try it..and I was spoiled from some really good noodles in China! They are very friendly here, the place is clean and the price is low.
They serve a hard boiled egg with meals, which is very popular in China. I thought the food was above average, much more authentic and very tasty!

1  Thank bonniepearl
There are newer reviews for Ten 89 Noodle House

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We thought we'd try something different in town. We succeeded. So SUNY Stony Brook is right across the street, and it has a heavy Asian attendance, therefore Ten 89 Noodle House is the correct fit. Not surprisingly, we were the only Americans there. It's the type of place where you order at the counter (you can't see the chefs preparing food, unlike a traditional Chinese takeout place), and they bring your food to you on a tray when it's done. It's open seating, comfortable, clean, wasn't even too loud with all the patrons having their dinner. The Chinese station on the television was a bit disconcerting, but what can you do...
Anyway, the food is just decent. That's it. Decent. It's not NYC Chinatown quality (near where I work), so perhaps my expectations are higher than most. The prices are low so this place doesn't kill the wallet. All this said, we won't be back, but that's only because we felt it was simply not meant to cater to us, nothing more. If we're doing takeout, there are too many choices we feel are a better fit locally.

2  Thank Ibilkut