All reviews marty elyse winery varying walkable lirr ny wedding
Reviewed September 17, 2018

My stay at this B&B went above and beyond my expectations. My wedding was at Flowerfield (in St. James, NY) this past Saturday. I reserved the B&B for Friday night (with my bridesmaids) and Saturday night (with my new hubby!) We had a hair and makeup artist come to the B&B to beautify m, my ladies, and two others. The artists had plenty of room and tons of natural light to get the job done.
Elyse was REMARKABLY accommodating. She made sure to have a lovely breakfast spread for me and my bridesmaids prior to hair and makeup. She was present throughout the day, helping with regulating room temps, tidying up, getting chairs low enough for the hair stylist, and even helping with welcoming the florist, groomsmen when they showed for photos, and offering to assist in loading up the limo when we grew short on our timeline (my bad!)
We did our wedding reveal on site because the grounds are incredible, historic, and are naturally beautiful given the lovely greenery and flowers. At one point, our photographer pulled me aside and told me that she preferred to stay a few extra minutes at the B&B rather than rushing to the venue because the lighting and property were just that fantastic.
When I booked this B&B for our wedding, I could tell that it was super charming but I was floored with how lovely Elyse was and how smoothly our wedding went considering that the photographer was so delighted by what this B&B had to offer.
To anyone looking for a lovely B&B near the village of Stony Brook, do not hesitate! It's worth the expense.
To anyone looking for a similar wedding experience with a venue anywhere near Stony Brook. Book. This. Now! Elyse will ensure that your special days runs smoothly!
This place is a GEM!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank AudreyTins
Elyse B, Innkeeper at The Stony Brookside Bed & Bike Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Thank you so much for the glowing review! We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and experience at The Stony Brookside for your wedding preparations and reveal. It was absolutely our pleasure to be there for you in every way. It means so much to us to ensure you had the best possible experience we can on your wedding day. You also had everything in place to make the day just picture perfect. Marty and I wish you both a lifetime of health and happiness always! Kindly, Elyse & Marty

Reviewed August 20, 2018

My husband and I spent a long weekend (Fri-Mon) at the Inn in the middle of August, after finding a flyer in our local bike shop. We had a wonderful time and cannot recommend this B&B enough. Elyse and Marty have such great knowledge of the local area, and have drawn up so many rides of varying distances and difficulty level, that the hardest thing was choosing which rides to do! Stony Brook itself is a gorgeous village, very walkable, and a lovely place to spend a few days.

Whether you have your own bikes or want to borrow them, if you are an experienced cyclist or not, this is the place for you. And I can't close without mentioning the breakfast, which was healthy but very substantial - exactly what was needed before a day out on the bikes. Thank you again!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Elyse B, Innkeeper at The Stony Brookside Bed & Bike Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Thank you so much for your very kind review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and truly took advantage of The Stony Brookside ride experience and the offerings of our area. Since there are so many more lovely places to explore here, we hope you can join us again on your next weekend getaway. With kind regards, Elyse & Marty

Reviewed May 23, 2018

What a GREAT PLACE! We came to celebrate our 30th by cycling the North Shore and the North Fork. We couldn't have asked for better! Great place with great routes, sweet breakfast and AWESOME COFFEE!!!! Plus the eminently walk-able local food, sites and winery, the bike garage, route review and consulting, and cute cats happy to get your love. Note that it's pretty close to the LIRR Stony Brook station. Just do it!!!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Elyse B, Innkeeper at The Stony Brookside Bed & Bike Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2018

We are so happy that you chose The Stony Brookside to celebrate your 30th! It was our pleasure to provide the backdrop for your weekend celebration. So glad you took advantage of all the great options this area has to offer. We hope to see you again soon for your next celebration. Happy Anniversary! Best always, Marty & Elyse

Reviewed October 26, 2017

We enjoyed our stay here in this B&B while staying in the area for 3 days. The B&B was a great choice, because it is more personable than the larger hotel chains. Breakfast here was 10 times better, as well. The owners were fantastic. They helped out out with bike routes, restaurants, and other advice. Our stay was wonderful.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Elyse B, Innkeeper at The Stony Brookside Bed & Bike Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Thank you so much for your very kind words! It makes us very happy to know you were pleased with your stay while visiting with us. We look forward to having you join us again for your next visit. Your Innkeepers, Elyse & Marty

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend this Inn for everyone who are in Stony Brook. It is newly open in 2016 and Elyse and Marty welcome us warmly. The continental Breakfast served has a great variety and is very delicious. Fresh fruit and yoghurt they have everything you want . Elyse is very knowledgable and caring. She always recommends good spots to go for biking or sightseeing.

We stayed in the village room and the Avalon Preserve Park is a minute walk from the Inn. We can walk to the village centre very easily and there are restaurants and shops around.

We have to thank Elyse for being so generous and she prepares some. delicious treats on the table and drink in the fridge. She even drops us off at the train station to save us time from walking or taking public transport to the train station. She is a wise lady and we enjoy chatting with her so much. My hubby who loves biking says he surely wants to come back again for doing a bike trip.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Elyse B, Innkeeper at The Stony Brookside Bed & Bike Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

What a pleasure it was to have you both join us! We are so glad you enjoyed your visit. Although it was a work visit, you certainly took advantage of seeing and enjoying our very special village. We hope to see you again in the future as a family. Congratulations again! Kindly, Elyse & Marty