“Great Get-away spot!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stone Ridge
Baker's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 6 Stone Ridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 16, 2010

Doug and Linda were wonderful hosts at this quiet romantic beautiful spot in the Catskills.
Any concerns voiced in years-old reviews are no longer a problem - the place was very clean, as were the rugs, towels and bedclothes. Yes the breakfast was wonderful. A quiet spot away from the action - fresh air and farms surround you.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 19, 2009

We stay in many B&B's and this one is a keeper! The setting is like being in Tuscany. The owners Doug and Linda are seasoned owners and can't do enough to make you feel comfortable. We stayed in the top suite which is huge and every detail is thought out carefully for the guests comfort. The bed is so comfortable and the view spectacular. The breakfast room is a huge sun room overlooking the gorgeous landscape. We only stayed 2 nights and had one delicious breakfast. Our last day we had to leave very early to catch a flight and Doug had juice, coffee and muffins ready for us at the crack of dawn....coffee to go, as well. It is definitely on our list of places we would return.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2007

My husband and I stayed at Baker's in June (checked in Thurs. afternoon, left Sunday morning) when we were visiting family in the area. The B&B itself is very cute; an old stone farm house with tons of well manicured property. The antiques and 'cottage' feel of the place were a welcome change from our busy lives in Atlanta, GA. The innkeepers were very nice and knowledgable, without being intrusive or pushy.

Breakfast was top shelf. They blend their own coffee, smoke their own sausages and fish, and select and mix the granola. It was SO GOOD!!! And there was plenty of it. We skipped lunch on Friday and Saturday. I especially liked the egg mix w/tarragon, the smoked bacon, the 'Dutch Baby', and the granola.. granola of all things!! Something I'd never had before and wasn't even looking forward to. It was a very pleasant surprise.

We went with the smallest and cheapest room in the Inn. Next time I'd spring for a larger space (the attic suite looked great). Even though it was the smallest, it was neat and clean; the space was nicely furnished. The bathroom was a squeeze, but I'd rather have my own small bathroom than to have to share one down the hall. We were very pleased.

Take a walk around the grounds (someone has a great greenthumb), or take one of the many brochures provided and go exploring. The Baker's will stear you right!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2007

My boyfriend and I are relatively picky people and when we read some of the negative reviews on this site, we were concerned. However, we couldn't have been more pleased with out stay at Baker's B&B. The grounds are spectacular (fantastic hammock too), The house is charming, and homey, full of great antiques. Doug and Linda were the perfect hosts, and their breakfasts are BEYOND amazing (note that my boyfriend is a Chef and also concurs). The room we had was adorable with a big comfy king sized bed. Plentiful, very clean sheets/blankets. Yes, the shower is a stall and its in the room, but it was very clean, hot, and had great pressure. Doug and Linda were very helpful, pointing us to great restaurants in the area.
We are looking forward to coming back. If you are looking for a charming, cozy, laid back, and very special B&B experience in upstate NY- it doesnt get much better than this.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kateemily613
Reviewed February 25, 2007

I booked a night at this hotel on a Thursday for a Sunday Night and called on Friday to cancel because I was unable to rent a car and stay there. No one called me back, so on Saturday morning I called to confirm, they had recieved the call and they claimed that they were going to charge me $175 for the room anyways. They claimed that there was a 7 day cancellation policy, however, for one this was not explained to me over the phone AND HOW CAN THERE BE A 7 DAY CANCELLATION POLICY WHEN I BOOKED WITHIN 7 DAYS. The hotel was NOT full that night either. These people are IDIOTS.....they should claim that there is NO CANCELLATION POLICY. A high class place would have accepted the 48 hour notice. Instead of taking a rain check and coming here another weekend. I will never go there and same with all of my friends/colleagues. These people must be greedy.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank dmbsweety
Reviewed September 24, 2006

I've stayed at Baker's twice, once by myself, and once with my boyfriend. I stayed once in a room upstairs (on the right) with a double bed and then another time in the upstairs attic room.

I think the below reviewer was a bit unfair; I didn't find the B&B "filthy" or "smelly." Granted the bathroom arrangements, especially in the upstairs loft room, are a bit inventive. In both rooms, the bathroom/shower areas were fairly small, cramped spaces. The upstairs loft area is odd in that it appears to be sort of an afterthought stuck back into an attic closet; there is no real door to the bathroom area and the shower was an adventure in contortionism. The water pressure leaves a little to be desired as well. Despite all that however, I've enjoyed my stays at Baker's. The beds are comfortable, the bedding clean and plentiful, there are windows to open for fresh air, and old board games in the attic room. It has a sort of summer camp charm; not luxurious, but somewhat nostalgic and sweet.

I think the overall impression I get at Baker's is that the house is truly their home; yes, it can be messy at times, but, in my opinion, cosily so. I've found the bedrooms to be generally quite clean and charmingly furnished with period pieces. The living room with glowing open-fire wood stove is a lovely place to relax with a book, and the outside and grounds are fabulous as mentioned. The view of the back of the Gunks ridge from the breakfast deck is outstanding.

The house probably could use a good scrub-down and there is a tendency to clutter. But Doug has always been perfectly charming (I haven't had much interaction with Linda during my two stays), is quite obviously very proud of the history of the old farmhouse, and I have always felt quite welcome. The breakfast they serve is stellar - one of the best B&B breakfasts I have had.

One of the things I like about Baker's is that they are flexible (they will book a one-night stay if it is close to the date and they are not fully booked), they are accomodating (I once had Doug get up at 6:00am to give me early morning coffee, juice and muffins fresh from the oven before I left early for a climbing trip) and pleasant. Also, the room rates can't be beat for that area - even the disgusting EconoLodge is more expensive!

I've enjoyed my stays there and I will go back.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kmportero
Reviewed August 14, 2006

We just returned from a weekend trip down memory lane in NY(spent summers as a child in a bungalow colony in the area). Bakers B&B was the perfect retreat! Its an old stone house, lovingly cared for by the owners, with all the amenities to make a guest totally comfortable. We appreciated the superb king size bed, spotlessness of the accomodations and quiet throughout the home. The breakfast was delicious!! Its a several course gourmet meal, different each day with homegrown vegetables and homemade cereals and jams served on a deck overlooking a gorgeous expanse of undeveloped land. Doug and Linda couldn't be more accomodating with good suggestions for dining and activities in the area. Enjoy!
Suggestion for extra fun - tubing on the Esopus River in Phoenecia - don't miss it!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple