“Comfort Food Paradise....”
Review of Knuckleheads Resturant - CLOSED

Knuckleheads Resturant
Cuisines: American, Italian
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

I took my five year old son out for a day trip to Jiminy Peak and had heard about Knuckleheads from friends. We drove over and had the best dinner ever. Stuffed Peppers and Hog Wings which in my opinion were one of the best things I've eaten in my life. My son ate everything on his plate and had room for a brownie sundae. Simple and Perfect! Isn't that what is missing these days from big chains? I will be back for sure and you should do the same.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Fun place to eat if you are in town. The owners are on premise and are very friendly. Not a huge menu, but keep in mind you are in Stephentown ! On a cold day - night you can sit next to the wood stove. Great place to take a ride to on a motorcycle.

1  Thank edbishop55
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Let's be honest; Stephentown, NY is in the middle of nowhere. We have driven through countless times on the way to somewhere else. This time, though, we stopped for lunch - and I am glad we did!

My husband and I had actually made a quest to visit The Beer Diviner (that is its own review in itself) and they don't serve food, so we went next door to Knuckleheads to grab a bite to eat with our beer. We were greeted by an incredibly cheerful family who own and run the place. We ordered sandwiches (a BLT and a chicken salad) and as we waited for them, we were delighted by the fun and off-beat vibe of this place. Where else can you see a squirrel on a Harley? The owner said it was an opening gift from his friend, a taxidermist. And when I noticed a vase full of zip-ties and remarked on that to my husband, the daughter/owner told me her dad's friend had given it in lieu of flowers - a more manly gift when they opened.

We will return to Knuckleheads. Our take-out sandwiches were delicious, and the warm reception of the owners made it worth stopping in the middle of nowhere!

1  Thank Josie B
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We were initially put off by the name of this place as are many others are based talking to other people. It turns out that the name of the restaurant is related to The Three Stooges as the place is filled with pictures of them and I assume one of the owners is a fan of theirs.

The place is very nicely decorated and the menu offers a variety of items, including my favorite - the weekly specials. I have had the Braciole, Meatloaf, Chicken special and others and all are very good. The service is superb and you never have to wait for a table or for salads, entrees, etc.

The owners and staff are super friendly and the atmosphere is warm and welcoming. I have seen many people come in that are from the NYC area as well as the locals. The parking lot is packed at times as compared to other eateries in the area that have mostly empty parking lots.

Once I decided to try this place, I have been back every week and now am a regular. Finally we have a very good food/service/atmosphere restaurant in Stephentown! For now, they are open from Thursday to Sunday, but I hope the number of days they are open expands a few more days once the crowds visiting this restaurant start to build over time.

4  Thank STEBAY711