“Friendliest hotel I have ever stayed in,”

Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Staten Island
London England
“Friendliest hotel I have ever stayed in,”
Reviewed November 16, 2009

This was my 3rd stay at the Hampton Inn Staten Island and each time I couldnt fault the place, the staff go out of there way to help and advise you, the rooms are large and have everything you need in them, iron, micro, coffee maker, fridge etc etc, there is also a complimentry breakfast and if you are in a hurry at the front desk you can pick up a breakfast to go. The only down side is the location but then again you can use the shuttle from the Hilton next door to the ferry or the airport which I did several times, I just told the driver what ferry I would be comming back on and he would be there waitng, you akso have a large shopping mall a short cab ride away and you can use the bar next door in the Hilton, I would reconmend this hotel to anyone and I will return there whenever in new York.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
HamptonSINY, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear BridgetLondonEngland

Thank you for your great review, I am happy that you enjoyed the stay and the service we provide. We hope to see you in the near future when your in the area.

Warmest Regards,
Jamarow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
North Carolina
Reviewed September 9, 2009

This hotel is hit or miss just remember something I forgot, Hampton has a money back guarantee so if you have the same terrible time I did get your money back. On my most recent visit was the worst ever. I have stayed at this hotel more that once my mom lives on Staten Island I go to visit when I can.

The room was so dirty I covered everything with towels because our shoes stuck to the bathroom floor when we walked accross the floor. It was so sticky there was dirt and hair stuck in it as well. The furniture was covered in stains and that glitter dust women are wearing now. This was not the first time I had a awful stay. I was so repulsed and when I contacted the owner who was handing out his cards he did not even respond. I do not recommend staying at this hotel and I am a Hilton family fan. There are 2 new hotels opening up on Staten Island so if you need to stay some where stay there.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NOAM_001
Dear NOAM_001

I want to thank you for taking the time out to let us know how you felt about our service during your stay. I sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you have experienced. All Hampton hotels have a 100% guaruantee that we stand by, and only hope you will give us another chance to make it right. If you like you can contact me at the hotel 718.477.1600 my extention is 7704 and we can talk more specifically about your complaints and what we can do to make it up to you besides the guaruantee. We like to think of all our guest as being apart of our family, and I am embarrased by your experience and would love to work on making it right. Hopefully we will hear from you soon, until then I do sincerely apologize and look forward to your response.

Old Hickory
Reviewed August 1, 2009

We saw a poster in the elevator that this facility was awared 2nd Place and the most clean Hampton Inn in the country. You can tell they take pride in their hotel. You will feel safe here when travelling with younger children. They offer a free shuttle service to Staten Island Ferry. Just make sure you call for a reservation as the shuttle fills up fast. They do not have a restaurant on site, but you can either walk to the hotel next door or drive. Denino's is not a far drive and has the best pizza!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Dear dramatic_chuggie

Thank you for your kind words, we are happy that you were able to enjoy New York and its hidden gem, Staten Island. Denino's pizzaria is one of the best on Staten Island, next time you decide to stay with us you should also try Ralphs Italian Ice's right across the way, I promise you will enjoy.
Again thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Derbyshire,England.
Reviewed July 25, 2009

Decided to stay here for seven nights after reading all the good reviews,and it lived up to every one of them.The room was spacious,well equipped and spotlessly clean.We stayed on the road side of the hotel ,and while there was traffic noise it was never a problem.The free breakfast was great and always well stocked,they even do breakfast to go bags if you need an early start.All the staff were very friendly and helpful,and the two computers in the business center were great as i don't have a laptop.The free parking at the hotel kept the cost down and meant the short drive in the rental car to the ferry was hassle free.
All in all an excellant hotel, and if we return to New York we will definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear usarelay

Thank you for your kind words. We are excited that you were able to enjoy your stay and our staff. We hope to see you in the near future.

Austin, TX
Reviewed December 30, 2008

We were in Staten Island for a wedding, and decided to stay there while seeing the sites in Manhattan over 3 days. It was tedious at best to get to and from the ferry, then ferry to subway, every day. We were able to use the Hilton's (right next door) shuttle each morning, but had to let the desk know well in advance, and it was still subject to Hilton visitors' use first. Without a car, we had to pay a taxi $20 to get back to hotel from ferry. Really would advise a car, as there are no restaurants (except the one at the Hilton, which is good but pricey) within walking distance. There is a bus line, but it takes a LONG time to get anywhere on it! Plus there is the noise from the highway--be sure to insist on a room on the opposite side, as it is very noisy. But even with all the negatives, we still enjoyed our stay. It is a very nice, new, clean Hampton. Rooms are big, beds are very comfy. Breakfasts are typical, but everything tasted good, if not fancy. Plus coffee and juices are available all day in the breakfast area. If I were only visiting Manhattan, I would NOT stay on Staten Island again, though--commuting as a tourist just takes too much time.

• Liked — Clean rooms, decent and convenient breakfast
  • Disliked — Noise, isolation
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank travellittle8
Dear Travellittle8

I want to thank you for your review. We do understand the inconvenience with the shuttle at times. It is important to book in advance to make sure that this service can be provided to our guest. As it does service two hotels. I know the travel time is a big inconvenience, especially when your excited about adventuring the big city, however it proves to be the best as driving will be an eight dollar charge to park at the ferry. The Taxi will cost twenty dollars, and as you say the bus takes too long. we recommend the shuttle to the ferry as it is the best economically. We do offer much lower rates than the hotels in the city however and it is a great way to get away from all the hustle and bustle of New York and be able to relax even if for a little bit. I am happy that you were able to find the value in your stay, and if you have any recommendations please call the hotel direct and we would be able to talk about any possibilities that will make the stay of you and our future guest the best stay possible.

Warmest Regards
Naples, FL
Reviewed October 26, 2008

I have stayed at many Hampton Inns while travelling but this is the best yet. The hotel is new and the rooms are well furnished and maintained. The staff is very professional and helpful. As an example I had a problem with the toilet in my room and called thinking I would have plenty of time to finish my shower before maintenance showed up. I was so wrong. They were there within 5 minutes and fixed the problem right away. I will definitely be staying at this hotel if I am in Staten Island in the future.

• Liked — Cleaqnliness and staff professionalism
  • Disliked — Liked everything
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank richgibb
Dear richgibb

Thank you for your kind review, we enjoyed having you here! I am happy that we were able to get to your room right away and fix the problem you had. Hopefully during your next stay we can make sure we have no maintenance issues. Thank you for your review we really do appreciate your comments.

mitalux2
Reviewed October 2, 2008

We stayed in a King Deluxe room which was very spacious! The beds were super comfortable and the whole hotel, including the room, was spotless!

The free breakfast is just ok. I mean, you're in NY, why eat free mediocre breakfast over all the yummy alternatives.

My only complaints: We were by the highway and you can DEFINITELY hear it in a quiet room. The bathrooms only have showers, so because we were traveling with a 1 year old it was inconvenient. I also had issues with ordering a movie, but it was a computer glitch so I can't really blame anyone.

Pretty furnishings, a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, internet access, desk, pull out sofa, bench seating and a coffee table. Oh yeah and a great TV!

• Liked — Cleanliness was out of this world!
  • Disliked — Highway Noise. I'm telling you! Make sure you get a room situated towards the front of the hotel. I stayed 5 nights, the noise was HELL!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank mitalux2
Dear mitalux2

Thank you for sharing your experience of our room. Unfortunately we do have rooms faced towards the expressway, and while some guest have a difficult experience with it, we are trying to figure out creative ways to cut down the noise. If you decide to stay with us again I can recommend notating in your comments section that you would like a quiet room on the parking lot side. While this is based on availability this will allow us to figure out our best way to meet your needs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Staten Island
Ramada Staten Island
Ramada Staten Island
#5 of 7 in Staten Island
Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island? Share your experiences!