“Good hotel - housekeeping needs work”

Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Staten Island
Fenton, Michigan
“Good hotel - housekeeping needs work”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Overall the hotel is very nice and they treat you well for being a honors member but I think the hotel housekeeping staff needs a refresher in making sure all aspects of the cleaning of the rooms is met. We did not get coffee replacement on both days and we were missing towels the last day we stayed. Minor housekeeping issues in the room but overall the hotel is very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thomas G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments you gave us on trip advisor we appreciate every guests that has things to say on how we can improve our Hotel. I have spoken to our housekeeping manager and she has assured me, we will make sur eall our guests amenties are replaced in a timely manner. Thank you again for also saying how much you enjoyred our Hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Thomas A. Gatto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Arabic first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

This Hotel is our home away from Home. Its spotless clean...the staff is great and we Love it! We have stayed in other locations but were drawn back to this one based on the above reasons. They have a free shuttle to and from the Staten Island Ferry... a very nice Breakfact...24 Hr. coffee and Hot Chocalate....it is Safe and Comfy!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thomas G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments, We like to make all our guests feel llike this a home away from home. We are glad you got to use all our ammenties we have to offer, Especially our complementary shuttle to ferry. Thank you again for you kind comments.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

we were visiting our daughter for family weekend at her college and were pleased to find such great accommodations. We've stayed at Hampton inn's before and are always pleased. The only complaint is the pillows were too soft, and.... Make sure you get to breakfast before 10 or you'll find everything cleaned up!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your comments about our Hotel, we love when we get feedback from our guests. Yes breakfeast does open at 6am and closes at 10am, we do try to stay open a little late for our guest. As for our pillows we will look into geting firmer pillows for our guests. Thank you again for your feedback and hope to see you again real soon.

Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

My family was displaced by Hurricane Sandy, the 1st few weeks I bounced around because I could not find a hotel with any availability. By chance I was able to get a room for one night the weekend after Thanksgiving. When I got there I explained my situation to Robin (one of the managers), she couldn't guarantee me anything but said if anything opened up she would try to get me another night. Well she did, I actually wound up staying until February. Today is the 1 year anniversary of Sandy and I want to extend my deepest gratitude to the staff here. For the 3 months that I stayed in this hotel they were amazing. Friendly, helpful, supportive. The rooms were clean, the linens changed regularly, fresh towels whenever we needed them. Breakfast was delicious, the swimming pool was a plus, the Business center came in handy. I have no complaints whatsoever. They had their hands full dealing with so many displaced and out of town guests, and I know some were hard to deal with and yet they handled everything with a smile and grace. Being that I live on Staten Island I don't see the need to have to stay there again (unless there was some other emergency) but I would highly recommend this hotel to all. They made a very hard situation more bearable for my family. We were grateful to have a warm, cozy, clean place to lay our heads at night, without any added burdens, to wake up to a great breakfast or run down during the night for a quick cup of coffee or tea. Thank you to Robin, Jamarow, Ben and the rest of the staff there, including housekeeping, the breakfast staff, etc. Though Fema paid for the hotel stay the staff were the ones who provided the outstanding service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Theresa K,

Thank you for your kind comments during a very rough time for you last year. We are glad we meet your expectations during a hard time. We hope we put a little happiness in your heart during that time. Robin and the rest of our staff always go above and beyond for all our guests, and we are glad you got to see that first hand. Once again we hope you get to stay with us on a more happier occasion.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed one night pre-cruise Worked out perfect! Van (free) was on time for pick-up at Newark Liberty. Van service is also offered to Staten Island ferry, however, was not available for last minute trip. Taxi is about $18-20. Location is very restful and a park like setting. Rooms a bit dated, however, very clean. We walked across parking lot (300-400 yards) to companion property Hilton Garden Inn for an early dinner at Lorenzo's. Excellent and reasonable. Breakfast might all my expectations (fresh, hot and variety). Front desk staff was friendly and stored our luggage in "secure" back area (with claim tags) for our mid-afternoon departure to cruise port (again a free van was provided). Reservations for van service is made 3-4 weeks out.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thomas G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Albert B,

Thank you for your kind comments, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We also love that you enjoyed our sister property Hilton Garden Inn restaraunt Lorenzo's, our owners take great pride in making sure all of their guest stays are perfect. Once again thank you for your comments and hope you stay with us again.

West Lafayette, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I reserved 4 suites for 2 days for my daughter’s wedding. At the last minute, the hotel called me that there was no room available for the 1st day! It caused a huge damage to us. there was no one knows what happened in front desk and no one come to apologize.

1 Thank Wei Z
Thomas G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Wei Z,

I apologize that our Hotel did not have four rooms for you, We had a group that extended and we offered to relocate you to another Hotel on your first night. We did not know it was a Wedding, we did offer to pay for first night and we gave your son in law discounts on all four rooms the next day. He declined the first night staying at another hotel, but kept the discounted next day. Sorry we know it was a special day for you. Please call me at 718 477-1600 so we can talk about the situation. Sorry for any inconvience this caused, we try and make every guest stay the most enjoyable it can be.

Danville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here many nights over the past few years and my stay is always good. The location is great. My only real complaint is the amount of activity and noise in the hallways from frequent rude guests but that is the norm in NY/NJ hotels.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thomas G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Dukquack,

Thank you for your kind words on your stay here , we pride ourself on making our guests stay the best it can be. Once again thank you for the comments, it makes us take pride in making our guest experience enjoyable.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Staten Island
Ramada Staten Island
Ramada Staten Island
#6 of 7 in Staten Island
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island? Share your experiences!