“Nice Hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Staten Island
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This hotel was actually a nice place to stay in! I was concerned with the sketchy neighborhood that its located in, but the hotel itself is very nice. Its about 20 minutes away from the Staten Island ferry, which was very convenient to take to get to the Island of Manhattan. The only complaint is that I called down to the desk at around 9:30 asking for 2 extra towels, only to find that the housekeeping department was gone. The desk clerk told me to come down and get them from the desk. Surprised, because I was already in my pajamas, I walked down expecting there to be only one person at the desk that would limit them to bringing 2 towels up to the room. However, there were 2 people present, both looking at me as I walked down. Not a big deal, but because I work as a front desk receptionist I was expecting the same type of hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
HamptonSINY, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear hvmiller

I want to thank you for your review of our property and staff. I will make it a point to go over our front desk procedures to make sure our guest are recieving optimal service. You are absolutely right when there are more than one person at the desk we do our best to get requested items to guest as soon as possible. Unfortunately our housekeeping department leaves at 4pm so at that point the front desk is responsible to make sure the entire property is well looked after and running smoothly. Again I thank you for your review and we will focus our attention to the front desk making the right decisions.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I typically stay in this hotel when I am in NY on business. It is one of the newer hotels on Staten Island and is pretty decent. However, I will add that their attention to detail when it comes to cleanliness is starting to relax a bit. Overall, the staff is always very friendly and efficient and this is a good business or family hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Wisdom40

Thank you so much for your review. It is a pleasure to get this valuable feedback. We like to think we are the best option in Staten Island, so we must make sure that our service and cleanliness match our statement. I regret that you have seen our efforts slip a bit and I will most definitely inform our housekeeping department of your insight. Thank you for choosing to continually choose our property and staff to be your home away from home on your business trips.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night for a party. The hotel was nice and roomy and bathrooms were big. Located right off of highway by a few minutes. Next to other hotels. Breakfast was included and just the basics. The only bad part was some touch uP needed in the bathroom shower and they put a hold on credit card more than the room was worth if they are 90% booked. But it was my debit so I had no cash. They quickly removed the hold by making a few calls thanks

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear emstraveler349

Thank you for your review. It is always good to get feedback from our guest on what we can do better. Unfortunately, our system goes out for authorization the day of check-in to insure that the rooms are accounted for. we do go out for room and tax plus a 35.00 dollar per day incidental charge. It is as simple as calling banks directly in times where funds need to be put back immediately, however this action is at the banks discretion. The funds we authorize however are just a hold, and we do not take payment until check-out so the form of payment can be switched at your discretion.

Thank you for choosing Staten Island's Hampton Inn & Suites

Warm Regards,

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here last summer (June 2011) when we took a trip to NYC. We chose this because it had an awesome rate and we didn't want to pay to stay in the city. It isn't a long drive to drive to the Staten Island Ferry and then take that over to Manhattan. The rooms are very nice and we somehow ended up with a Handicapped room which made the room a lot larger. The hotel has a free breakfast which was quite good. There is a pool however we didn't get to use it because it has very limited hours. The hotel staff was extremenly nice and always ready to answer questions or help out with directions. Overall, I would definitly recommend staying here if you are thinking of going sightseeing in Manhattan.

Room Tip: Try and get a room not facing the highway because it makes it a lot quieter.
Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank PinkL0ver

Dear PinkL0ver

Thank you for your recommendation and your kind words about our property. It is unfortunate that we are only able to provide the pool for the time specified. Due to New York City Law we cannot operate a commercial pool.without a lifeguard. Due to this we have our hours based on our most frequent guest, which happen to be for business purposes. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you during your stay. Please let me know when you may be back with us and I will try and upgrade your room complimentary if available. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn & Suites, we hope to see you soon.

Best!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed here a week and the room was great...the staff was wonderful, the breakfast was average. The parking is probably the best anywhere around. The location is excellent and if the 440 is backed up there is easy access to all areas north by surface streets. If I ever have to go to NYC again I would probably stay here. For NYC the rates are fair. I would suggest staying here and using the FREE Staten Island Ferry to go in to Manhattan.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank steve p

Dear Steve P,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were visiting New York. We try to stay competitive with our market here in New York, and believe we have the best rates. You may sacrifice in transportation but we hope that our service pulls everything together and makes your stay worth while. Thanks you for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Sincerly,

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This hotel has exceeded my expections! The room was bright and the beds were extremely comfortable. The lobby was inviting with comfy couches and chairs. The free hot & cold continental breakfast had everything you could imagine including a waffle maker! A full business center and of course wonderful and helpful staff. Free Wifi, free morning newspaper and of course 24 hour fresh brewed coffee. Easy access to both 440 and 278 highways. They also offer a free shuttle to the SI Ferry terminal. Quiet area in the business park, world of chocolate factory next door! Small indoor poor with lovely outdoor patio area. Across the parking lot is the Hilton that has a restuarant (not for breakfast), a bar and sometimes entertainment.

Room Tip: the king suite had a great room configuration for our family since it had a sofa bed (very comfortab...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Roxhound

Dear Roxhound,

We want to thank you for your great review of our hotel and staff. We strive to make sure all our rooms are clean and welcoming. Making your stay feel like your home away from home.

Sincerely

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Spent two nights here during Bike New York. Room was well-sized and had good amenities - fridge, microwave, etc. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was extensive and excellent - I enjoyed it both mornings. My only complaint would be that my co-worker and I had asked for a cab to go out to dinner, and we were given a company to call ourselves - I feel that's something the front desk staff should be able to accommodate. However, I understand that Staten Island isn't Manhattan, and that the cab companies are more limited.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank AutumnBookOwl

Dear AutumnBookOwl,

I really want to thank you for your comments and your stay at our property. I see that you enjoyed our amenities and rooms size. I sincerely regret that our staff did not offer to call you a cab service when requested. We do have cards to give our guest for their return trip but we do assist and call cabs for our guest, and I will make sure that our front desk agents are making sure that they are anticiapting needs or questioning on how to provide better service. Thank you so much for your stay and your comments we will do our best to have this corrected as soon as possible.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Staten Island
Ramada Staten Island
Ramada Staten Island
#6 of 7 in Staten Island
Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island? Share your experiences!