Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Ramada Staten Island(Staten Island)
Budget Inn(Elizabeth)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscomplimentary breakfastindoor poolsi ferrynew yorkquiet roomwafflesparking lotfront desk staffthe breakfast areaeasy accessvisit nycfree parkinggreat place to stayshuttle servicehome away from homestatue of libertynice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We planned our trip to New York City on a tight budget, and with the high cost of hotels in the city, Staten Island was a great alternative. The ferry is free, with $8 a day parking (free on Sundays) from hotel to the NYC ferry terminal was between 45 mins and an hour, but the hotel was very nice, and the price is very affordable for what you get.

Breakfast is included, which is another plus, and we found an excellent Spanish restaurant near the ferry terminal, which is a must if you're visiting Staten Island: Beso.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer B
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Dear Jenn B,

I want to thank you for your great review of our hotel, and the surrounding areas in Staten Island. We believe we are in a great location to provide a comfortable yet quiet stay. Close enough to the city yet far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the night life in the city. I am also thrilled that you were able to find a great dining experience to enjoy while you have travelled to the ferry. Staten Island is full of great restaurants, and hidden gems. Hopefully we will see you back in the near future to experience more of what Staten Island has to offer.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

I am a guide for tourists from former USSR. My customers – group of 15 people (mostly small girls aged 7 and up) come to USA for gymnastic competition. You know how not easy to complete the rooms for such amount of small kids, especially in pricey NYC. So we stayed 8 nights at Hampton, Inn. 4.23-5.1 2012.
Let me tell something to some writers: if you want to find some bad things in this hotel, just go to different place. Hampton Inn & Suites in Staten Island gives you everything you are expecting from good name.
Group of excited kids is not an older couple. Of ‘cause, I had a lot of headaches. But finally everything came simple. Thanks to Kenya, Nicole and Gia! They are professionals!
Rooms are very clean, large, air is fresh. Hotel located very close to highway 440, but we did not feel any disturbing noise.
Thank you!

Room Tip: Hotel has free shuttle service to ferry to Manhattan. So, you got very good prices, new building and convenience!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank IGOR n
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Dear IGOR n,

I want to thank you so much for your kind words about our property. We are thrilled that you have stayed with us with your group and was able to enjoy our staff and our amenities consistently. I will be sure to let Kenya, Nicole, and Gia! know of the impact they made for you and your group during your stay.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

I chose this motel from reading reviews & i was not dissapointed, very friendly staff, very good rates, beautiful room and breakfast, everything was just wonderful. If i ever travel back to staten island this is were i will be staying! The shuttle bus took me to the staten island ferry when ever i needed to go to NYC Just wonderful!!

Room Tip: I think any room in this motel would be great!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank jennifer c
HamptonSINY, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Dear jennifer c
I want to thank you sincerely for taking notice in our property, and our staffs hard work to present you with your home away from home. We are happy that you were able to enjoy your stay and hope that we can provide the same in the near future.

I will also let our staff know about your great comments I know they will be happy that all their hard work paid off. Thanks again for your review

Reviewed April 16, 2012

We had to stay on Staten Island and chose the Hampton Inn. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. The hotel was clean and quiet. I did stay on the parking lot side of the hotel. The room was large and the bed very comfortable. The room had a large shower stall and not a bathtub. The breakfast is the usual fare with some hot items that were on the whole not very good, but they had fruit, muffins, bagels, etc. The hotel is not close to stores and there is only on restuarant close, we had a car so it was not a problem, if we didn't it might be an issue. We had a very enjoyable stay and will definetly be back when on Staten Island.

Room Tip: Rooms on the parking lot side are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank gr7361
HamptonSINY, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2012

Dear gr7361
We would like to thank you for your stay with us and are very happy with the review of our helpful and pleasant staff. I will make sure that they recieve this feedback as well. We believe we are a hidden gem here and are happy that you and your family enjoyed our company as we have enjoyed yours. We can't wait to see you in the near future.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Needed to go Staten Island on business and after reading the reviews, decided on this Hampton Inn and I'm happy I did. Like everything in NY, hotels are pricey, so I'm always looking for a deal. On the Hampton website I noticed that the hearing-impaired room was about $30 less per night than a standard room. So I took it. The room was very large, the beds comfortable, and it came with a mini-fridge and microwave. A lot of the amenities (closet hangers, towels, etc) were set "low" (as if for WC height) but I didn't mind. Interestingly, the bathroom jacuzzi/hot tub/shower was VERY high and difficult to get into and I do not recommend this room for someone with a physical disability. The hot breakfast was very good with biscuits, eggs and ham or bacon, hot oatmeal, cold cereal, fruit bar, etc. The service there was top-notch and friendly. The coffee was good and available all day. This hotel is very different from a "standard" Hampton Inn as it has a wonderful horse motif throughout the hotel. If I'm ever in the area again, I will return.

Room Tip: If you have a physical disability, do not choose a room with a jacuzzi, get a standard bathtub/shower instead.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear Ladybugonbusiness
Thank you so much for your review. All our rates are based on the occupancy of the hotel, they do fluctuate often but we try to offer the best rate to stay competitive with our market. We do have a number of accessible rooms and depending on the needs we try to match up our guest with the best fit. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and that we were ab le to be very accomodating with great service. Thank you for your time and this review we hope to see you in the near future.