“GREAT EXPERIENCE!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Staten Island
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I recently got married on Staten Island and needed a place for some out of town guests to stay. I called the Hilton Garden Inn and spoke with Meghan Haring who helped me coordinate my entire experience. From setting up a website for my guests to book their rooms, to handing out my Welcome Bags, Meghan was an absolute pleasure to work with!
I didn't actually stay here the night of my wedding but my parents did and here's what my mom had to say about it:
"i believe i can say for everyone that they enjoyed their stay at the hampton inn.. we did not get any complaints. the rooms were comfortable and clean...the dining area for breakfast was roomy and there was a nice variety of food to choose from..also no one rushed us out so we were able to sit and chat with friends we hadnt seen in awhile..the bus transportation was on time but the bus itselfwas disappointing ...we couldnt see out the windows"...
I would definitely recommend this hotel as a great value for anyone to stay in, especially groups.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
HamptonSINY, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

Dear Lauren F
We want to sincerely thank you for your stay with us. Especially setting up a group for your family during the most joyful of days. We do wish you and your husband many years of happiness. We do hope to see you in the future and duplicate the same feeling your family had experienced. Rest assured we will get this information about the shuttle out to see what we can do to make the travel more visible and the ride more comfortable. Thank you again for your input.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island

Reviewed November 23, 2011

...because there really isn't any other choice!
It's a big place, with a wide variety of people staying there. It's only a few years old, but shows signs of wear. I thought the carpets, especially in the hallways, needed shampooing - in the room too. When I went into our room I could see a fine coat of dust on the wood surfaces.
The staff is more or less "New York/East Coast" in their attitude. (Except for Martin at the breakfast area - he's outgoing and friendly).
So it's ok, and a much better choice than the neighboring Hilton Garden Inn and Suites - which is older, more expensive, and pretentious.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet location
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Dear Bjdodger,
Thank you for your review, and we appreciate your recommendation. I must apologize that our staff did not meet your standards dead on during your stay. We will most definitely let our housekeeping manager know, and put attention on this right away. It is not acceptable byHampton standards or our staffs, to see a fine coat of dust on our wood surfaces. We set the bar high because we know our guest do! I also apologize for staff attitude we try to make sure that everyone is friendly, giving you that welcome and warm feeling from arrival to departure. Please give me a call at 718.477.1600 and I will be happy to discuss with you any other concerns.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

I spent 2 weeks here after requesting a change from my previous hotel. This Hotel was a million times better. Probably the best in staten Island. Great Location as they have a sister property on the ground. The breakfast hit the spot every morning and many choices. The rooms confortable and clean and very large. Decent gym and great lobby for a budget hotel. i would recomend this place very much.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Dear Rickr7
Thank you for your great review! We are thrilled that you feel that we are probably the best hotel in Staten Island and appreciate your stay. I will make sure that our staff knows there work does not go unnoticed.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

Just when I thought the Hilton Garden Inn in Staten Island was my home away from home the Nicotra Group Does it again.. They also own the Hampton Inn & Suites just across the parking lot. the rooms are quite spacious and bright, the staff helpful as always and what more can i say. well here it is. we just had a wonderful Pool Party for my Grandaughter at the Hampton Inn, yes in November.. the water was warm and welcoming.. the children had a great time, the lifeguards were are their toes and were very patient and observed every move they made. the party which was held across the hall from the pool was just right. the banquet department was on their toes and made sure every one had more than enough food to eat. Fun was had by all, especially my Grandaughter, that's what really matters. Now I have two magnificent hotels to choose from when I visit Staten Island.. I would not hesitate to recommend these properties..

Room Tip: Room 404 was great if you are traveling with children. they have connecting rooms
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Dear bestbites26,
We would like to thank you for sharing your comments during your stay with us! As you noted the Hilton Garden Inn is right across the parking lot from us and is our sister property. It is always great to hear when our staff makes guest stays more enjoyable. We do have some of our rooms connect so it does make it a lot easier when your planning stays with family and want to be close. Thanks again for your review we really do appreciate it.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

We recently spent six nights at this easily accessible hotel on Staten Island for the NYC Marathon. It as so comfortable -- plenty of space to spread around in the room which included a mini-fridge (but no freezer) and a microwave. Bed and pillow were very comfortable!

The complimentary breakfast daily was very, very good with an excellent range of choices including the usuals, but also plenty of fruit and cut fresh fruit and a variety of hot food choices which changed daily. The coffee, too, was very good, and this is coming from someone who needs her coffee strong and freshly brewed! The lobby of the hotel was comfortable and we often sat there to enjoy a complimentary coffee or tea in the evening. Staff were very attentive and pleasant.

The hotel was a 20 minute drive from the ferry (where you easily find parking at $7 a day), and is also close to the expressway. The landscaping around the hotel is lovely and we even say a family of deer in the grass nearby a couple of evenings! A really good stay -- we felt spoiled!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Krnj,
Thank you for your review, we really do appreciate your comments. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast as well as our great staff here. We do hope to see you here in the near future so we can do our best to spoil you again.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

We booked this for our trip to the NYC marathon because of the positive reviews, and the unbeatable rates. It also helped that it was relatively easy to get to the starting line at the Verrazano Bridge.

All of the reviews were spot on. This is one of the most comfortable properties we've stayed in. I really would rank their customer service as "Disney Quality". The room was super clean. I dont know of any other property that makes sure each guest has a freshly cleaned duvet - usually you get the same bedcover everyone else has been sleeping under.

The site sits inside a very attractive business park. The companion hotel is the Hilton Garden Suites, and is just 100 yards away. We ate one dinner and one lunch there. The food was very good, prices in line with the rest of NYC. However, the restaurant staff were a little snooty. The free breakfast was very nice, and would change daily, which was a treat.

Either hotel would be a great buy if you are driving in. However, we were without transportation. The logistics of trying to get into the city were maddening. The SI Ferry is about 15-20 minutes away. Yes, the Hilton offers a shuttle, but you have to book it well in advance. Otherwise, you're forced to take the MTA bus, which travels through some seedy neighborhoods. A cab to the ferry will cost you between $20 and $25. You'll have to do it all in reverse when you come back from Manhattan. I wished that for an event such as this (and there were quite a few marathon participants staying there, and to their credit, the Hilton rented a bus to take them to the start), but it would have been a lot more comfortable if they had had a dedicated vehicle to provide transportation to and from the ferry like we encountered in a Chicago suburb when we had to get to the train.

Actually, the hotel's vehicles were the basis of more than one uncomfortable experience: When we were taken back to EWR for the flight home, the Hilton rolled out their Nightmare Shuttle Bus. It was so rife with fumes that we could barely breathe. The windows were painted over, and the driver was talking on not one but TWO cell phones for much of the trip to the airport.

Note to management: I gave you 4 stars because of the property and service. You could have had five, if it had not been for the transportation.

Room Tip: We stayed on the parkinhg lot side. Very quiet..almost TOO quiet lol.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank squeekerkat
HamptonSINY, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2011

I want to take this time to thank you so much for reviewing our staff and property. I appreciate your comments about the shuttle service you have recieved during your stay. I will do my best to see if our sister property Hilton Garden Inn can make sure we fix the ambiance for guest trips. Unfortunately we do rely on our sister properties shuttle for our guest which is a complimentary service however, we will try to make sure we can do better next year! Thanks again for your feedback as it points out what we need to do for our guest to enjoy their stay.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We recently took our first trip to NYC. I wanted a place close to the city but where I could park my car safely for free. It is a newer hotel in a great spot. We saw deer grazing every evening in the hotel complex. It's a very clean hotel with a great free breakfast. The staff were very welcoming and helpful with sightseeing ideas. We made the 10 minute drive daily to the ferry and parked for $8/day-- it was well worth it. The hotel had a free shuttle but we liked to have our car waiting on our return. The ferry is free and runs every 15 minutes. It is a very orderly process. It passes right by the Statue of Liberty and lands at Battery Park where you can access all of Manhattan. We will stay here again on our next trip to NYC.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Moneyman10
HamptonSINY, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2011

Thank you for the review of our property our staff really appreciates everything you have said about us. We are located close to the wildlife preserve so sometimes you will see the Deer running around at night, it is a beautiful area with lots of sight seeing. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We loved having you! and hope to see you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Staten Island
Ramada Staten Island
Ramada Staten Island
#5 of 7 in Staten Island
Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island? Share your experiences!