We had booked the SI Hampton Inn for a one night pre-cruise stay, based on reviews on another cruise related website. Having never been to Staten Island, we did not know what to expect. With Irene bearing down on the east coast, our one night stay turned into 3 nights and 4 days at the Hampton Inn, as we came in a day early and the ship was a day late in sailing. I cannot say enough about this hotel and its staff. The Hampton Inn sits on a 400 acre parcel within a wooded area of Staten Island owned by the Nicotra Group. There is a sister hotel, the Hilton Garden Inn that has a wonderful restaurant (Lorenzo's). There are numerous sculptures throughout the entire campus. Clearly the Nicotras are art lovers (I have since googled them and they are very interesting people, not the least of which is their foundation that provides education funds for their employees). The SI Hampton Inn has the same amenities of other Hampton Inns where we have stayed. A great gym, luxurious linens and bedding, free breakfast and the very much appreciated free wi-fi. The staff made sure we were kept informed regarding the storm, and advised that we may lose power or have to be evacuated, neither of which occurred. But the staff was well prepared, and despite the fact that they may have been worried about their family members or property, they were always friendly and attentive. In the midst of some of the heaviest part of the storm, we even had an exquisite dinner at Lorenzo's over at the Hilton. And with breaks in the storm, we were able to hop on the Staten Island ferry for a couple of trips into the City (made available by the free shuttle). So, this hotel is much, much more than a one nighter destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A shuttle is provided through the Hilton Garden Inn across the parking lot from Hampton Inn & Suites property. Please contact hotel directly in advance to confirm pick up and drop off. New York State Law prohibits the use of a commercially operated pool without a contracted life guard present. This stipulates our pool hours. Monday through Friday 5pm-10pm and Saturday and Sunday 9am-8pm, (accommodations for pool are set at the Hilton Garden Inn across the parking lot while our pool is closed or blocked off due to pool parties.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Staten Island
- Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island Hotel Staten Island
- Hampton Inn Staten Island
- Staten Island Hampton Inn