“By far the best Italian restaurant on S.I.”

Italianissimo Restaurant
Ranked #89 of 816 Restaurants in Staten Island
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Staten Island, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“By far the best Italian restaurant on S.I.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

The food is always fresh and delicious! Great reasonable wine selection. They have a large selection of specials every time I'm there. I have on occasion asked for something off the menu or to add something to an existing entrée. They have never turned me down. I eat there every chance I get. I have never been disappointed!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Paul G

Staten Island, New York
“Great Italian Food at Reasonable Prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have been to Italianissimo for more than 5 years now as part of a garden club that celebrates the holidays here. The food is wonderful, the wine flows and the cannolis are fantastic.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank evefrSI
“GREAT early bird special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very comfortable with great service. Menu can be a little pricey but food is good and if you're there M-Thurs from 4-6? you can take advantage of a great early bird special.

Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“Newly redecorated”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

This neighborhood gem is the best Italian Restaurant on Staten Island. Great food,friendly service and a newly redecorated dining room make this spot the place to visit if you're in the mood for great Italian. They put out a whole roasted garlic in olive oil as a spread for great Italian bread.A combo appetizer of mini calzones and fried zucchini is great. Always many specials of the day. If you don't see what you want, just ask. There is a small parking lot and plenty of on street parking nearby.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Robert G
Monroe, New Jersey
“Italianissimo is a No No”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Yesterday I was there for a bridal shower. Before going I read the many reviews about it and noticed that a lot of them mentioned that their food was taken away from them too soon so I decided to pay special attention to this. The room was nothing to write home about and it is a room that is usually used as a dining room; the room next to it, another dining room was not pretty either; had it not been for the beautiful shower decorations, that room would have not have left any impression on me at all. The food left no impression with me. There was nothing special about it. I understand that this is a shower but I assume the food tastes the same during a regular dinner visit to this restaurant. I had tiliapia. I normally love tilapia but I did not like the way they prepared it. I got about 4 tiny halves of roasted potatoes and the vegetable amounted to about a tablespoon's worth. With regard to the waiters removing the food too early as mentioned in many other reviews, that was certainly true and quite obvious to anyone paying attention. During the appetizer portion of this meal, we had two trays of appetizers put in front of us. After about 15 minutes, they were taken away right after the woman next to me took something from one of them. I actually asked her if she wanted more. She did want more but left it alone. We had one bottle of wine put on our table for 8 people and I saw other tables with more than that. The only way I would go back to this restaurant is if I am invited to another event there; otherwise I would not go back let alone pay for this. If I want FAST food, I can go to any number of places and be happier with what I ate.

• Visited March 2013