“One of my favorite restaurants on the island.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Brioso Ristorante

Brioso Ristorante
Ranked #137 of 816 Restaurants in Staten Island
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Staten Island, New York
“One of my favorite restaurants on the island.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

I have been here many many times with friends and family. I always enjoy the food when I go. The waitstaff is wonderful and very attentive. I have never had an issues here.

1 Thank kristinaIPPS

Staten Island, New York
“My favorite restauarnt on the island!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

Can't go wrong here! I come here at least once a month!
Love the food and the service! The lamb in fig sauce is my favorite and they have a nice wine selection! Perfect for a date, family dinner or even having a large party!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Amy B
Freehold, New Jersey
“Gnocchi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

My favorite Staten Island restaurant! The gnocchi alone is worth it.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank pinkpepper3
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Magnifico!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

This review is a year late (February 2011), but I just had to write it. The food at Brioso in Staten Island, I have to say, is simply divine! Every bite lifts you higher to heaven! I had the Misticanza Caprina (insalate) and then for my entree, I had the Farfalle Vodka (pasta) and the Tiramisu for dessert...it's like I can still taste them! The service there was prompt and hospitable. Thank you, Brioso, when I'm next in Staten Island, I'll definitely make a visit!

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank Shopaoromc
Staten Island
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

This was my first time at Brioso. I had driven by it many times and always wanted to try it so I did. I was there on a weekday for lunch around 2:00 PM. The interior is very nice. It gives a rustic Italian atmosphere that I really liked. Everything else was just okay. The waiter wasn't very friendly and seemed uninterested. For an appetizer I had the fried calamari. The taste was good but the fish was like chewing rubber. The calamari was cut into larger pieces than usual and very lightly fried so perhaps that's what caused the chewy texture. For my main cause I had one of the specials which was a veal dish served with broccoli rabe. The veal was lightly coated with bread crumb and appeared grilled. No sauce over it. It was as dry as sawdust. The vegetable seemed tough and difficult to cut. Veal and Broccoli rabe are usually 2 of my favorite foods but not this time. The best thing of the whole meal was the desert. I had chocolate mousse and my mom who was dining with me had the Italian cheesecake. Both were delicious. The desert kept this from being a poor rating. Overall the experience was just okay. Great atmosphere, so so service, edible but not great food. My advice is save your money and try somewhere else.

• Visited May 2012