“Interesting and informative”

More Info
$99.00*
and up
The New York Sightseeing Pass
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Really didn't know what to expect when we stumbled across this museum but stone me! We found the mixture of natural science and history very informative. The staff were very helpful and happy to chat and share their knowledge. There personal passion was obvious and this was delightful. I would recommend this museum highly.

1  Thank lena123186338
"birds"
in 3 reviews
"exploration"

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We took a trip on the Staten Island ferry mainly to see the harbour area but on our arrival at Staten Island we decided to spend some time on the island and not take the next ferry back as so many other people did. Outside the Terminal building we could see the Museum over towards the right behind the car park and we decided to give it a visit. We were not disappointed. I think that we were about the only visitors while we were there so the very knowledgeable curatorial staff had plenty of time to talk to us. While the exhibits are a bit of a hotch potch they all had a link to the island and I was particularly interested in the exhibits associated with the ferry and other maritime matters. Well worth the visit.

1  Thank Brucestewart
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This museum is small and dirty, with an odd collection of items that mostly have nothing to do with Staten Island. A wall of dead bugs? I could understand if they were native bugs, but it seems there is no regard to the borough. The directors need to get out of the 19th century "cabinet of curiosities" motif. No food, no parking, and a dirty bathroom.

4  Thank Vince F
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a three story building with many many rooms and wonderful exhibits. There is a $5 fee. It gives you a pretty good idea of what Staten Island is all about and what it has to offer. It is just up the hill from the SI Ferry.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect here, but it was great. Lots of hands-on science and ecological stuff. My kids were suffering from lets-go-back-to-times-squareitis, but I was pleasantly surprised that they really got into it. I had to pull all three of my kids out of there. Allow about an hour, especially if the kids get into drawing birds, etc....Well worth the small fee.