“Always Very Good”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

We hav been going here for many years we even drive from New Jersey because u cant get this quality of food. Service is always excellant

There are newer reviews for Trattoria Romana

Reviewed January 6, 2013

the food is good and service is really good. would recommend to everyone. I'm all about service. i dont care how good food is if service is crappy. this place has both. the owner/manager make sure you feel welcome.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

This restaurant has some of the best Italian food anywhere. It is always prepared fresh and there is enough variety to accommodate various dietary restrictions. Excellent from appetizers to dessert it is a little pricy but worth it.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Trattoria Romana is one of the best Italian Restaurants on Staten Island, which has some of the finest Italian Restaurants in the 5 boroughs of the City of New York. The food is excellent and the service is superb. Chef Vittorio greets each and very guest every time I go to make sure they are happy with his food and the service. My wife and I eat out three times a week and come here quite frequently. We are always pleased with the food and the service, and I'm sure you will be as well. Give it a try if you are ever on Staten Island.

1  Thank TonyBadaBing
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I absolutely love this restaurant. I have never gone here and had a bad meal. Food is a matter of taste and opinion, so its really unfair to ever say food is bad-unless you get your meal served raw or the place is dirty.

This restaurant is 100% clean, so no worries in that department.

I have always enjoyed my dinners at Trattoria. The staff has always been great and I've never had a complaint. The food is served in hearty portions that are very satisfying. The place can get a little crowded and some tables are on top of each other, but I've noticed that this is the norm for smaller sized restaurants. If you are going as two people and looking for a spacious, quiet, romantic dinner, you may find it a little bit of a tight squeeze depending on where you are seated. As far as the food goes, I think its delish! Even the little odds and ends they serve before dinner while you are waiting are fantastic.

They used to offer a cooking class here and there, not sure if they still do, but I heard it was fun. The chef also walks around now and then and comes over to see how you're enjoying your food. Its a great place to check out if you're looking for a new place to eat.

Remember to keep in mind the place gets crowded and you will have to wait on the weekends (depending on what time you go), so try to head out a little earlier (not that it always matters, but I know how it is when you go to dinner a little later and you're already starving) :)