“Not the place for me.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Denino's Pizzeria & Tavern

Denino's Pizzeria & Tavern
Ranked #3 of 809 Restaurants in Staten Island
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Staten Island, New York, United States
“Not the place for me.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Okay, Denino's pizza is a favorite of everyone I know except myself. I don't think it's anything special. I also don't want to down the place just based on my own personal taste of pizza so I'll just say it's about average. The pizza tastes kind of burnt to me and I'm not a fan of thin crust since it's never filling and is usually pricey.

If you're going to sit and eat here, be prepared to wait. The people of Staten Island love this pizza so it's always crowded, especially on weekends. The staff is nice, attentive and there's a bar you can hang around if you get antsy. The other food is tasty so when I end up here I usually order a hero or some calamari.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Alicia M

• Hebrew first
NYC
“truly great pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I love their pizza, it gets very busy so make sure you get there early during the week but its worth the wait for delicious food

Visited June 2012
Larchmont, New York
“Good Pizza with Terrible Service - Super Overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

The pizza is as good as advertised, but the service is a huge turn off. The wait staff clearly was rushing us to place orders, and bizarrely after we ordered a white pizza, the waitress returned from the kitchen and informed us that it comes with garlic and onions, and I said we wanted to change the order. She said "well I already placed it," as if in 30 seconds the pizza had already been baked and it was a huge inconvenience to change the order.

We asked for water and our table of 7 was given basically 3 shot sized glasses. We asked for knives and were given 3 of them, and I had to track down a waitress to ask for 4 more.

And what's up with the no credit cards policy?

Overall, the pizza is certainly delicious but this is not a good dining experience. There are loads of superior Italian restaurants on Staten Island, so please take your business elsewhere. I know I will.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NYTravelerBD
camp hill, pa
“Fantastic Pie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

The crust is fantastic at this place, I don't know how they do it but its awesome, nice parking and great service. A visit to staten island with out a stop at Denino's or Nunzio's is an incomplete one. The calamari was okay, but the sausage pie was dead on.

Staten Island, New York
“Good food, inattentive wait staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

Once you find a parking spot, you can start to relax. Appetizers are good. Mozzarella sticks and chicken wings are tasty, but the fried calamari is the best. The thin crust pizza is delicious. They offer many toppings but love the sausage and pepper pie.

As far as the wait staff, they can often be found chatting in a corner while waiting for refills, napkins or the check.

Don't be surprised when you are served with paper plates. They work just fine.