“Our Wedding”

Ranked #82 of 894 Restaurants in Staten Island
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining
Description: Whether a sophisticated gala or weekend picnic, your special event at the Grand Oaks Country Club is sure to create lasting memories. Nestled on 147 acres, the Grand Oaks Country Club is truly a South Shore jewel. Our venue offers the ideal banquet facility to entertain family, friends or co-workers, the Grand Oaks Country Club is committed to providing the best possible service, value and experience to corporate, non-profit and social clients in the tri-state area. We are the perfect choice for your next special event. Our renowed chef is available to tailor a menu to reflect your personal taste and style. With an eye for detail and dedication to providing excellent service, our skilled staff will exceed your every expectation. Our great service, signature cuisine and beautiful banquet facility guarantees that your guests will be talking about their wonderful experiences for years to come
Reviewed August 9, 2014

The Grand Oaks Country Club was the perfect location for our wedding on July 26, 2014. The facility was beautiful. We were in a beautiful room with large windows overlooking the golf course. Furthermore, we were allowed to utilize a beautiful patio area for pictures. The service was phenomenal. Our experience was fantastic due to John McCarthy, the General Manager, Dominique, our Bridal Assistant and the remainder of the staff !!! We utilized many preferred vendors and were satisfied with the services.

I would highly recommend the Grand Oaks to anyone looking to host an event! The facility was beautiful, the staff was excellent, and the food was above average.

1  Thank LissetMarin

Reviewed June 5, 2014

PS 58 PTA of Staten Island recently had their Basket Auction Fundraiser and what a hit!! Great experience with the accommodating staff, good food, and great service ! Highly recommend this venue !!!

1  Thank Linda S
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Our family went for the advertised "Mother's Day from the Heart Brunch". The place was beautifully decorated, it looked like for a wedding. One little detail: the flower vases at each table...very poor, and did not match with the splendor of the whole place. The brunch was magnificent, at the cheese table they even added cold cuts, that were not listed in the menu, prosciutto, mortadella, ham capiccola, genoa salami, all first quality and very nicely arranged. The chocolate fountain was the best children's (and grownups too!) attraction! We all had fun sinking rice crispies squares, marshmallows, pretzels rods, in the cascade of chocolate. There was a music band playing, a little too loud for my taste...Our waitress did not offer us any drinks, even when they were included in the brunch price. She only served us water, coffee or tea. We had to ask another table's waiter to bring us soft drinks. And we also noticed jars of orange juice served at other tables. She also disappeared for long periods of time, and never smiled! We also noticed people at another table complaining about the waiting time at the omelet station. Well, I guess like at a wedding event, you cannot always satisfy everybody! My only one complaint is that when I went to the sweets table, there were no more rainbow cookies, and judging by the empty space on the serving tray they probably were only a dozen of them on display, very few for an event attended by more than 200 people! The manager was near the sweets table and asked me what I was looking for, so I mentioned the rainbow cookies, so he promised me he was going to look for more to serve.....and I am still waiting.... Anyway, our family had a great and enjoyable time.

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I don't ever write reviews, actually this will be my first, but I do have to disagree with the last comment. I have been to this venue several times in the last few years and it has always exceeded my expectations. I have hosted 2 school functions (March 2013/March 2014) that were beyond successful. I also hosted my sons communion (May 2013) which I can't say enough about. John, Patty and the entire staff at the Grand Oaks made all of my experiences amazing, they can never do enough for me. The food and the service have been fantastic each time. My guests have called me after each event to commend this venue. I have also been there as a guest for several events and I would say that as a guest, it was great. Our waiters have always been attentive, great food and the bartender is awesome!!! I would recommend the Grand Oaks to anyone looking to have an elegant affair with great food and service.

1  Thank 791bettinam
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I was here last year (2013) twice with friends for our respective children's schools chinese auctions We paid $60 dollars each for food that would have tasted better in MacDonalds Seriously? The salads were drowning in uneatable greasy dressings my friend told one of the waiters that she is allergic to nuts the wait he said ok comes back brigs her yeap you guessed it a salad with full of nuts!! Not even an apology the pasta comes out in some marinara greasy sauce and the the pasta with vodka sauce it tasted it came out of jar Vodka sauce people it has scalions, vodka garlic and heavy cream!!! Finally the dry chicken comes out uneatable !! And the desert was a joke dry to hell brownies with runny cream and the coffee tasted like they brewed it the day before burned I would not recomend this place to anyone I have to choice I have to come here for my child;s school chinese auction but this year I will eat in advance and if anyone wants recomendations for a party here the answer will be stay away from this horrible place!!!