“Great place & food. Service is garbage.”

Grand Oaks Country Club
Ranked #282 of 818 Restaurants in Staten Island
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Whether a sophisticated gala or weekend picnic, your special event at the Grand Oaks Country Club is sure to create lasting memories. Nestled on 147 acres, the Grand Oaks Country Club is truly a South Shore jewel. Our venue offers the ideal banquet facility to entertain family, friends or co-workers, the Grand Oaks Country Club is committed to providing the best possible service, value and experience to corporate, non-profit and social clients in the tri-state area. We are the perfect choice for your next special event. Our renowed chef is available to tailor a menu to reflect your personal taste and style. With an eye for detail and dedication to providing excellent service, our skilled staff will exceed your every expectation. Our great service, signature cuisine and beautiful banquet facility guarantees that your guests will be talking about their wonderful experiences for years to come
“Great place & food. Service is garbage.”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The place is beautiful. As soon as I saw it I knew it was the perfect setting for the party. Had the upstairs room with the option of bar & cocktail tables outside on the deck as well. Booked it asap. Met John the GM the first time I went and he is a pleasure to work with. Nice, funny guy. No complaints for him at all. However, he made me deal with Patty for booking and setting up everything for the party for the next few months planning. It was all downhill from there. You pay lots of $ for parties for special occasions and you can't even get responses. She is in no other word a moron. She assures me that email is best she checks it constantly. Considering that is easier for me as well I thought it was perfect. Nope! It would be days without responses for simple question. I would send again. She'd finally repsond to about half of what I needed to know and also blame it on going to spam. Well if alot of mail goes to spam you need to check your spam everyday as well! Everytime that was the case. Even to 2 weeks before the party I had specific requests, nothing major, simple requests and I never got feedback. I would have to call to ask and still wait for the call back that I'd have to call again. Anyway day of party- I walk in and they're still setting up the room which was a big no no for me. Guests were arriving and they didn't even have the table numbers out. Good thing I brought my list and floor plan to let my guests know. My napkin choice was NOT the color I chose. I picked a color like the week before and emailed Patty literally an hour after picking it out to change it. No response as usual. I had to email her to confirm she changed it, after finally maybe "checking her spam" she confirmed it was changed. It was NOT!!! I walked in the room & it was the first thing I noticed. Also the sangria that was promised was unavailable. When we asked the bartender he didn't even know how to make it, he asked if we wanted peach schnapps in our wine. The maitre d we had was only OK. I've had parties at other halls and the maitre d couldn't have been more attentive and helpful where I couldn't thank them enough. This was clearly not the case. I don't want to mention her name because she wasnt terrible but needs way more improvement. I'm not a complainer but this was just unnecessary things that mattered to me that clearly could've been avoided. I know things don't go perfect but these were simple things. And lack of communication is a big issue. Spending all this money on parties they should be as accommodating as possible. On the other hand the food was actually really good. Didn't need to go to the diner after like many weddings and parties. lol ate alot and even went up for seconds. I wouldn't even say it was good for a catering hall. It was very good. The place is beautiful. And having the deck upstairs looking over the golf course made a great background. It's just beautiful. I would have another party there however I would be specific that I didn't want to deal with patty and I would want a different maitre d. John also came up during the party and again was lovely to deal with. He asked if everything was ok etc... I didn't complain at all. It was not the time or place but I will let them know exactly how I felt. We had a great time. Just be careful who you deal with. And make sure you be specific you want the room set up ahead of time!!!!!!!!!!! ps. It was a nice option and sounds like a good idea but do not put the bar on the deck. We had a beautiful night and it took away from the room and dance floor. Everyone was outside so think twice about that.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank DKsinyc

Staten Island, New York
“Delightful!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I attended an affair for Holy Child Preschool at Grand Oaks Country Club last Thursday. Well...To sum it up...WOW!! There were upwards of 250 woman in the main ballroom, yet the service made you feel as if you were the only guest. John, the general manager, greeted everyone upon entry and made himself available throughout the night. The food was amazing! Salad, pasta, fish and chicken, oh my!! All were delicious. The talipia was the best I have ever had. I am sure all the waiters were great, but can only brag about the one I had! A young man named Joe. He was professional, attentive and charming without being overbearing. The maitre d, Nick introduced himself to my table and truly controlled the room with poise and grace. I wouldn't hesitate to reccomend this venue to all my family and friends.

2 Thank melissa g
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wedding of your dreams!!!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Place is absolutely beautiful!!!! I mean breathtaking. I went there for a friends wedding and it was by far the best catered even I have ever been to. In regards to the service and food it was top notch. I have no idea what is wrong with the previous reviewer. Everything I put in my mouth was delightful.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Marina Y
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ANOTHER GREAT PARTY AT THE GRAND OAKS COUNTRY CLUB!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

A Big Thank You to the Grand Oaks Country Club ! This is my 8th party throught out the years, two sweet 16's, two 21st birthday's, two bridal bridal showers and now my 2nd baby shower! The grand oaks picked up right where the south shore country club left. I had Patty do my bookings a great lady to work with! John McCarthy general manager was right there at all times thank you John.....
I must say Nick you worked my party for me, Angelo and Bridget were great with me ! My waiters were all good thank you guys ......
The food was great ! There was so much of everything and of course all was fresh and hot !
The Grand Oaks is a complete place for any party starting with the valet parking and the door man!
Can't wait for my next party ...........!!!

1 Thank Bernadette D
Staten Island, New York
“Amazing”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had a bridal shower to attend on Friday night for a good friend and all I could say is amazing! The service was great and all staff was on point and extremely pleasant. The food was delicious! I would definitely recommend having an event at the Grand Oaks. Stunning through and through!