“Did not live up to my expectations”
Review of Dominick's Bakery

Dominick's Bakery
Ranked #25 of 46 Bakeries in Staten Island
Staten Island, New York
“Did not live up to my expectations”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I think that I might have built up this place in my mind, as I have tasted desserts, etc. from here in the past and thought they were very good. This is the first time I was able to stop in for a meal. It was midweek, and not extremely busy so food was prepared fast, so no complaints about the service. We ordered a bacon & egg Griller which was good along with the apple Crisp French Toast. The interior space was cute and kept very clean. I just expected to be "wowed" and I just wasn't. Maybe it was what we ordered. In retrospect, I probably would have preferred having lunch, which had a more extensive menu.

• Visited April 2014

Florence, Italy
“Cute & cozy”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Adorable atmosphere, it's small yet cozy inside. During warmer months you can eat outside, which is a huge plus. Service was good, although it took much longer than norm for our party of 4 to get our food... Food is delicious! I've tried a few wraps, they were all great. Very big menu, & there's a nice sized paleo menu too!
I'd go back for sure

• Visited April 2014
Staten Island, New York
“I have always loved Dominick's and Dominick and still do!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Wow! This place is buzzing with activity! There is good reason. The bakery is filled with artistic and extremely tasty delights.
While we were there for lunch, it was impossible not to notice all action and delicious treats surrounding us. Yes, Dominick's is loud but it's part of the charm!
I ordered an eggplant wrap with mozzarella (delicious), my kids ordered salad with chicken and a panini. The only unfortunate order was the panini. The sandwich came out on ciabatta but tasted delicious. The fries were not as delicious. All things considered, I still give Dominick's 5 stars because our server was very helpful, timely, friendly and presented very well. Dominick came out to speak with me when I requested him and as always was interested and accommodating. I will return asap.

• Visited March 2014
“Excellent cafe”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Best paninis around. My boyfriend is obsessed with the buffalo chicken sandwich. We eat here pretty much any chance we get. Bakery items are good, too, but pricey. Pretty much always get a seat right away unless you go around lunchtime on the weekend. Enthusiastically recommend.

• Visited January 2014
New York
“Noisy!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We just stopped in for dessert; it was very crowded & extremely noisy. It appeared they were under-staffed and it seemed to take forever just to get waited on. To make a long story short, by the time our coffee came, we were ready to leave. Hubby never got his pumpkin pie. In addition, I ordered a "Tartufo" which was horrible! Honestly, it was the strangest thing I ever tasted. I could not eat it (it tasted like maybe it was thawed & re-frozen more than once) and, frankly, we just wanted to get out of there. The waitress apologized, which was very sweet, but we needed OUT! I feel badly writing this because Dominick's has a good reputation - maybe it was just our timing.

• Visited November 2013