“Used the take out service for this bar/restaurant”
Review of Duffy's Tavern

Duffy's Tavern
Ranked #286 of 864 Restaurants in Staten Island
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have heard for years about how good the burgers are here. I think my mistake was to try this restaurant for the first time with their take out service. I asked for one burger without a bun (they use English muffins) and one with provolone cheese. I got buns on both orders and the cheese I asked for was on the bun of the order with cheddar. That order had cheddar on the hamburger and provolone on the bun. I enjoyed the sweet potato fries that i requested with my order. My hamburger was okay but not fabulous. The food was not very hot. To be fair I will try this place again and will go into the bra/restaurant.

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Living in SI I have heard nothing but good things about duffy's tavern and was excited to eat there. When I finally did it ended up being a disappointing experience.
It began with a poor selection of on tap beers. If you're going to present yourself as an "Irish tavern" have a better selection that doesn't include Bud. I ordered my burger medium and it came back with nothing on it (I didn't know you had to ask for accouterments) and it was the most well done medium I'd ever tasted. I know I could have sent it back, but the length of time it took to come was not worth the wait.
After we'd finished I waited for the waitress to ask "how was everything?" To my surprise, she didn't. So here I am writing this review...the onion rings, however, were brilliant!
All in all, I was not pleased with my initial duffy's experience. They claim to have "the best burger in staten island" but I'm not so sure. I think the search is still on.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

The place is a little divey, but the burgers are great. it's an oldefiremen bar, where you wait for a table- but always worth the wait.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Not too many places on Staten Island actually take a handful of chop meat and throw it on the grill and cook it up for you. Most joints just serve up the commercial grade disc and slap it on a bun with some lettuce. Not here though!! I was looking for a good burger ad I found one not too far from where I live and not too pricey either. The burger was a nice thick, hand formed burger on an english muffin with waffle fries (optional, chips are standard fare). The size of the burger was just enough that I didn't need to unhinge my jaw to bite into it but it was a great blend of flavors when the bacon, cheese, chop meat and english muffin started to hit my taste buds. I'll be back to check out some of the other items on the menu, but for now they have me with the burger.