“Enchanted Evening”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We ate in the beautiful protected garden with lovely decor and twinkling white lights- SI's version of the Secret Garden. The menu is always interesting and the food perfectly prepared and beautifully served. Service is quite good. Wine list is varied with fair prices. Food prices also fair considering the excellent quality of the food. I have yet to find a better SI eatery. Get there!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Another restaurant where non-regulars are treated differently from the regulars. There was a delay being seated because our reservation was overlooked on a second page of reservations, but finally found. The service was poor, at least to our too small window table by the front door. The diners who were hugged and kissed and fussed over upon arrival and departure received the waitstaff's attention. My water glass remained empty all night and I was looking for a refill. My wife ordered a cosmo and it was drinkable, but with no evidence of alcohol in it. The food was adequate, but not at Manhattan prices. You should not have to use a sharp knife to eat a strawberry tart, the bottom was hard to cut even with a sharp knife. One of our favorite restaurants on Staten Island is just up the block, but we were hoping to find a good alternative nearby, we will keep looking.

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I visted Zest a few months ago with my boyfriend who lives just blocks from here. What a delightful surprise. It was my first time having escargot and it was delicious. For dinner I had the pork tenderloin with Brussels sprouts and mashed potatoes. It was awesome. I hear the scallops and duck are also very good hear. I have been here 3 times already and will be returning.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

food incredible, staff great, but for the neighborhood - I wish it were a little cheaper. In our group everyone had 1 drink, an appetizer, entree, dessert, coffee - with tip it came to about $73/per person. The food really was VERY good - I had duck breast. There were no complaints from anyone. I just had a little sticker shock at the end. Would definitely go again for special occaison - but out of my budget for me to become a regular.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Oksana and Axel are the 2 best restauranteers to land on Staten Island. Oksana runs the front of the house and Axel is the incomparable chef. The space is absolutely beautiful; it's the perfect size, elegantly appointed, crystal glassware, crisp white linens, fresh flowers, lovely silver and dinnerware.There is lovely garden that takes you out of the urban setting in the back where one can dine and/or enjoy the libations. The wait staff are competent and delightful. Aah, and the food is delectable! The bar is well stocked. Sammy, the bartender and Nidal the waiter are as professional as you can get.
Try this jewel; you'll be surprised and will return again and again.

2  Thank diane l