“A true gem!”

Franklin D. Roosevelt Boardwalk and Beach
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We have just "discovered" Staten Island, though we've passed through it on Route 278 for years. The FDR Boardwalk and the stunning Ocean Breezes Fishing Pier are several of our favorite spots. Few New Yorkers realize how much Staten Island has to offer. The boardwalk offers a scenic walk, with wonderful views of the bay, Verrazano bridge and even the rising WTC in the distance. Walking out on the beautifully designed fishing pier and talking to the fisherman there is a real treat! Next trip we'll bring our fishing rods! Don't miss this tranquil spot.

2  Thank 2NYfoodies
There are newer reviews for Franklin D. Roosevelt Boardwalk and Beach

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

The board walk of FDR is really long and approximately 4 miles in total. I went on Memorial day and due to last year's hurricane sandy most of the streach is under re construction. The beach is so calm and less crowded which allows you to have a peaceful time. I will go again in this summer when the board walk opens up completely.

3  Thank ShashiR684
Reviewed April 10, 2013

One of our favorite spots - to walk, relax, watch the ocean & the ships, and just chill-out. We are hoping that the boardwalk will be fully-restored (Sandy hit it hard) by Memorial day as we miss our lovely beach/boardwalk spot.

1  Thank SuzieQ044
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Nice place to go for a walk or just sit and relax, grab an ice cream if you can. Always interesting people to watch there!

2  Thank MrsBattsNY
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Sad to say Hurricane Sandy hurt my beloved boardwalk! I loved walking on this boardwalk and bicycling as well. However now it appears damaged and is closed. I hope it can be saved as it is a part of my childhood as well as My life today. I simply cannot live without it!

4  Thank moongirl