“Blue is a unique boutique to Staten Island”
Review of Blue

Blue
Ranked #6 of 833 Restaurants in Staten Island
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Brand new and innovative
New York City, New York
“Blue is a unique boutique to Staten Island”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The wait staff was professional. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. We sat along the wall facing the Terrace so had a lovely view of the water. It's not an "ocean view" but a constantly changing parade of nautical traffic. Also, I would not describe this as a Mediterranean restaurant, more Asian/Middle Eastern/Fusion.
We will be visiting again.

• Visited September 2013

Staten Island, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BLUE - does not disappoint”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Beautiful atmosphere, wonderful view of the water and I love watching the tugs going by. The friendly and fun waitstaff are always in the know - Cana and Stephanie are my faves! I have eaten here numerous times for both lunch and dinner. I do prefer lunch or early evening since, for me, the dinner crowd is much too noisy, and I like the menu at lunch since I am an appetizer eater, and enjoy tasting smaller dishes. The grilled octopus is amazingly tender, with mediterranean flavor that does not disappoint the senses. The shrimp wrap, also bursting with flavor and surprisingly filling is only served at lunch and is one of my favorites. The salads are always fresh, with interesting ingredients, like jicama. LOVE this restaurant!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank fmbead
New York City, New York
“Beware of staff”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We were a group of 12 for lunch and had a great time until I paid the check. I paid using a credit card and left the tip in cash. As we were leaving, the waiter came up to me and asked if everything was OK. I answered that everything was fine and then he asked then why hadn't I left a tip. I did, I left a $50 bill. He proceeded to try to convince me that I hadn't left anything.
When the matter started getting a little more crowded with my friends telling him that they saw the tip in the folder, low and behold the $50 magically appeared in the waiter's pocket. I had never experienced such obvious dishonesty. I will never go back again and will tell everyone about my experience.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank billygoat001
Staten Island, New York, USA
“Great Meal”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I took clients out for dinner. First time there for a couple of the guys. Left there impressed. I had the grilled Octopus. Just as good as I had in Greece.

Visited November 2013
Staten Island, New York
“Nice View but food not impressive”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Went here with a friend during the week for dinner. The place is impressive when walking in. Sat by the window, which has a beautiful view in the evening. We ordered the prefix which costs $20.13, which is a deal by today's standards. Choice of soup/salad, main course and ice cream or bread pudding for dessert. Food is so forgettable that I can't even remember the type of soup I ordered. Had a beef medallion with a pancetta topping over mashed potatoes. Both lacked the "wow" factor. Both desserts were decent sized, but not worth the calories based on taste. The place was basically empty, except for a group of women who were obnoxiously loud, and the restaurant had no manager on staff to handle the situation. If you want the nice view, then go, if you want a great meal, you will have to go somewhere else.

• Visited December 2013