“Popular local spot on Staten Island”
Review of Blue

Blue
Ranked #7 of 871 Restaurants in Staten Island
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Brand new and innovative
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Six of us had dinner on a recent Saturday evening. The place was very loud, almost raucous. The food was basically good with some exceptions. My trout was overcooked and had an unnecessary sauce on it which altered the taste badly. The others said their dishes were good. Appetizers were also good and service was acceptable. The waterside view was quite nice. Total tab including a bottle of wine but without gratuity was $267.

1  Thank shellyf

Reviewed November 20, 2013

What a spacious place they have here at Blue. A beautiful place peacefully situated by the water. while dining you can see the boats coming and going. They have outdoor seating during the summer. I really enjoyed the view, it is so peaceful and quite. The food was delightful. I think the owners did an amazing job with 3 of their restaurants in Staten island, Beso, Bayou and Blue. Kudos to them. I commute from Manhattan to come and eat there. so if I am impressed then they are worth the trip. Love their food, ambiance and their service. Thank you

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My girlfriends n I love to try new places so we decided a Friday night to meet here at blue. We came on a Friday night..we're told they didn't take reservations for tables less then 5 people so we came at 6 to beat whatever crowd might come. Service was great our girl was nice attentive n didn't bother us much. My friend n I tried the sake sangria it was very good. The three so us then started w the butternut squash ..it's was amazinggggg I still think about it. Then I ordered the eggplant app n goat cheese wontons w honey on them ..diff yet very good..my other gf had the seafood pot ..price waiver reasonable n she enjoyed it they gave a big portion. My other gf has the chicken w feta I tried a piece and it was great. Mashed potatoes that came on side were soft n creamy n delish. The spot has a very nice view of the water n tug boats that always go by. They have a cute outside seating on the water..too cold for us but I would Come back to sit there. Everything was so nicely done. I would def recommend goin.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was there on a Saturday night very busy want a cocktail but when i order it seem they were out of the very two drinks I wanted they had just poured the only one left. Ok so I order another drink a red wine. I order the salmon I really didn't like it the salad that came with it suck it was wet and was under the sweet fish. For the money I would stay clear of the salmon.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The menu reads eclectic and is enticing. This was my third time here and I continue to be underwhelmed by the food. The ambience is great as is the service, but the food leaves something to be desired. It is a vast improvement over the previous restaurant in this spot, but my steak was overdone on 2 separate occasions. The Asian Calamari is a nice appetizer and some of my fellow diners' brunch items were also reportedly good. I tasted their dishes and they were so-so. I hope this place improves because I really do like the setup and ambience.

2  Thank JB10001