“My New Favorite Restaurant on Staten Island”
Review of Blue

Blue
Ranked #10 of 894 Restaurants in Staten Island
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Brand new and innovative
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Blue was recommended by my daughter and it did not disappoint! Had the option of eating inside or out. Beautiful humid free evening so ate out and was glad we did. Not the most scenic view but enjoyed the boat traffic and the breeze from our corner table closest to the water. Service was excellent and the food delicious as well as reasonable. Try the lamb appetizer - perfect blend of spices in dipping sauce. Although they were busy we did not feel rushed or neglected. Will definitely return to Blue.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This relatively new restaurant (the former Tugs informal restaurant) has been reborn, and the baby is a great success. From the pita wedges with the oil with raisins and olives through the north-African inspired chicken through my steak (which was one of the best I've had -- perfectly cooked, incredibly flavorful) to the service and simple but elegant design, Blue makes the trip across the bridge (from Brooklyn or New Jersey) well worth it. Why not combine a dinner at Blue with a visit to the Snug Harbor Cultural Center? And when the weather is good, the outdoor seating is a pleasant alternative.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband and I recently went there for a birthday lunch and we were exceptionally happy, and pleased with the decor, service (our waiter Chris), and especially the food !!! We could not say enough good things to family and friends...kudos to the chef, owner, and staff !! Excellent Job !!cannot wait to return...

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Exquisite setting and professional staff immediately strike the right note for your night out. Unique Mediterranean amuse bouche of olives, golden raisins, & olive oil. served with toasted pitas. If weather permits sit outside overlooking the industrial Kill van Kull waterway. At sunset and after it lights up and you watch the tugs and ships all night. Food is awesome as per Chef Julian who also owns Beso and Bayou, the other 2 legs of our restaurant trio. Sundays in the summer you can order the $25 clambake served 5 different ways including a half lobster and 3 courses. The other night we went for the Prix Fixe (Mon- Wed), $20.13 for 3 courses. Had the Avocado soup (Delicious!) with Chicken with Porcini, a bit salty. Bread pudding with toasted almonds and dried cranberries was perfect for dessert. We shared a $28 white wine from Spain. Excellent glassware to enjoy your wine too. Reservations a must on Fri & Sat.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Beautiful decor and location- waterfront. The food was great. I was worried about my first impression as I called several times to make a reservation for 8 after my daughters graduation and could not get a response after 3 tries, but the staff got there act together for an enjoyable afternoon.