“Can't get enough”

The French Tart
Ranked #345 of 833 Restaurants in Staten Island
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The French Tart is a small bistro. Each dish is prepared to spcified customer instructions.. I will be going back!
“Can't get enough”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Returned for brunch -the raspberry crepes are mouthwatering and my croque madame was delicious -bechamel sauce is amazing. Brought a raspberry crepe to a party and everyone said it was delicious. The owner/chef puts great care into his food and mingles with the crowd -I love the personalized attention each time I come here. I wish I didn't live so far away, but its so worth the drive.

• Visited November 2013

NEW YORK
“Brunch and lunch only . . .”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Love the offerings for the brunch and lunch menus thru the week and on the weekends, absolutely delicious and everything is fresh and prepared from scratch - You can't go wrong and won't be sorry, certainly would highly recommend during the AM and early PM hours!

Not so much can be said for the evening dinners - I found there was not much of a variety and everything that was on the menu, that I tried, was overcooked and drowning in sauce - Have been there at least 6 - 8 times -

The scones are delicious, but he does not seem to make enough and they are gone usually before noon ~ also try their homemade flower essence iced tea . . .simply delicious!

NY
“Could have been better”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Went a week ago with 3 friends. Laurent was sweet and took out order- we brought our own wine and no corking fee (which is nice).
Started with zucchini flowers and goats cheese while we were picking our food and it was delicious. Then I had escargot and it wasn't as good as it could have been. Usually served in its shell , it was served in a bowl and VERY oily. Friends all had the steak which I thought was terrible and I had shrimp proven cake which was tasty ( served with ratatouille - just like everything else- we were pretty sick of ratatouille by end of meal). Finished off with a Nutella crepe and the others had a different tart and we all shared. Rasberry tart was good and crepe was just ok. Overall a mediocre meal ...but I think I will give them another shot for lunch ... It was a really pleasant evening I think my expectations were a little too high is all

• Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“New York's "Best Voted Croissant" in an Unlikely Spot”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The French Tart is tucked away on a quiet street on Staten Island ... that is until the Staten Island Train rolls by! Don't be deterred by that ... it doesn't go by very often. Offering THE best croissant ever, plain or almond, The French Tart also has the very best breakfast offerings on Staten Island ... and perhaps a further reach.

Can you imagine crab stuffed squash blossoms, savory crepes with French ham and brie ... and much more. The tasting menu is course after course of fabulous food.

The restaurant is small and cozy with the added benefit of a wide selection of pastries to take away as well as a small specialty corner of French delicacies. The cooler offers French butter, a selection of cheeses, and more.

Make a point of checking out this hidden gem!

New York City, New York
“Fantastic place in Maui”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Cozy little parisian cafe -just a few cozy seats, fantastic food and an proprietor with disarmingly funny wit who puts great care into each dish before it comes out. Dinner started with a light and airy french bread with delicious chive butter. The steamed zucchini flower stuffed with crab was yummy and different (my husband's mother makes this, I've never seen this on a restaurant menu before.) For dinner, I had salmon, perfectly cooked in a puff pastry and my husband had one of the specials -a lamb chop in a type of sweet sauce (honey perhaps?) that I could not get enough of. The food was served piping hot and the ratatouille was fresh and delicious.

Then menu here is actually quite large and I had a hard time choosing. And yes, it is a little pricey compared to, I don't know, an Applebees, but you're talking about escargot or carpaccio, not mozzarella sticks and buffalo wings so you can't really compare. I felt the service was personable and friendly and quite attentive. It is obvious that the owner really wanted to make sure we enjoyed our food, and we did. I really can't wait to go back.