“creatively inspired french cuusine”
Review of The French Tart

The French Tart
Ranked #350 of 849 Restaurants in Staten Island
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The French Tart is a small bistro. Each dish is prepared to spcified customer instructions.. I will be going back!
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Came for dinner with friends. Chef Laurent and his wife offered personalized service. Except for the beef, the food was all excellent and the recipes showed his much chef enjoys his work. He was very informative regarding the source of ingredients and the traditions that inspire his cuisine. We appreciated BYOB policy which gives us further reason to return soon.

1  Thank sibacchus

Reviewed October 7, 2012

wonderful food, warm atmosphere,,,amazing chocolate souffle........bring your own wine makes it even better.......

1  Thank pammy26
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Went to the French Tart a few weeks ago..was a bit surprised that no wine could be served,however i know the area well, so ran to the Liquor store across the street..was not inconvenient at all. What I was a bit surprised at..the server..although attentive,she was dressed as if she was cleaning a house, her attire was inappropriate for the restaurant....maybe that particular evening,their server was not able to go to work.. aside from that,we enjoyed the food very much... all was so tasteful..every bite was savored...you can purchase imported products & items from their bakery..the owner chef,came out and spoke to us...we complimented him..dessert crepes were delicious, as well was the escargot..would go back again..was quiet..not crowded..good experience...

1  Thank LM M
Reviewed August 23, 2012

First off, I have been here twice. Both times when I called I was told I needed a reservation. When I arrived not one table was taken. I did not feel welcome, the person (possibly the owner) who waited on us seemed to be doing us a favor. Very unfriendly, considering we were the only people in the place. For the price, the portions were minuscule. One small crepe in the plate and I have tasted better crepes at Ihop. I really feel bad to criticize a restaurant but they aren't even trying to do their best. Half the time they don't answer the phone and they don't open at the time they tell you they do. I won't be back.

3  Thank CinStatenIsland_NY
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Owners are welcoming, nice people. Food, well, we do like the food there. Been there for brunch and dinner, enjoyed everything. Food is fairly priced. Cannot say one bad word about the place.

1  Thank Jackpot828