“Very clean, quiet, excellent breakfast”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Staten Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cleveland
“Very clean, quiet, excellent breakfast”
Reviewed March 8, 2010

Very nice hotel, excelent breakfast and resturant, pool, & has spa. Quiet, clean rooms. Hotel staff VERY friendly and VERY helpful (except for 1). Frig and microwave in room. Shuttle to/from airport (hotel is not close to airport). Print from room to thier business center!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
SANCHEZ1421, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, March 26, 2010
Thank youo for your response, i am happy you so enjoyed your stay, and breakfast , we have worked long and hard on breakfast, and its good to see it is coming to fruition.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
brooklyn
Reviewed February 27, 2010

Ive stayed at this Hilton many, many times and have always received great service response. As soon as I walk in the hotel Ive always felt great by the warm and welcoming greeting by the front desk staff.

The courteous staff will always make you feel more than welcome. (Charles, Kenya, and of course the beautiful Christina, are just a few of the staff members that are outstanding (Sorry Charles, you're just not my type, =).

If for ever reason you are in Staten Island or traveling to close-by New Jersey, it is well worth the stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review , i am happy you enjoyed your stay thoroughly, please feel free to come again and we will greet you with all smiles!
staten island
Reviewed February 24, 2010

I stayed here with my husband for a weekend and the front desk service was excellent. This was our first time here and I couldn't ask for better service! It is very convenient if you want to get into the city for dinner or a show. We will definitely be staying here in the future.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
SANCHEZ1421, GENERAL MANAGER at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, February 27, 2010
First ,thank you for taking the time to respond positively on this sight , we would like to see you soon , hope the next trip is an even better experience!
New York City
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I had a really wonderful time at the Hilton Garden Inn. The front desk was friendly, the rooms were spacious and clean, and the restaurant was great. We really appreciated the location as well. It was tranquil and relaxed yet easily situated to venture into the Manhattan or New Jersey for the day. I will certainly stay there again. I wish all my hotel stays were like this!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
SANCHEZ1421, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, February 27, 2010
Thank you for your positive view of the hotel , we pride ourselves on customer service and would love to see you again very soon!
nyc
Reviewed February 16, 2010

stayed here on feb 13, had a package with dinner, champagne,overnight stay and breakfast,, everything was on the money.. the price was reasonable for what ii recieved.. clean rooms and public areas,, food was excellent,, would definately go to lorenzos for dinner again,, the manager charles hack goes out of his way to see to it that you are happy,,thanks again,,,only issue was in a.m. ther was someone yelling at what i guess was there spouse, but other than that would definately sta again, and as for the bed bug issue, my wife and I are crazy germ freaks,, we bring lysol wipes, spray and anti-bed-bug spray no matter how clean the place is.looked under sheets and mattress, under bed,, inside couch cushions and under them. inside drawers,, and nothing not a sigle black spot,. once again i would like to thank the staff and charles hack for a great valentines,, well also like to thank my wife ,, without her there is no valentines

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brettnyc
SANCHEZ1421, Genral Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, February 27, 2010
We are happy to see you had a wonderful Valentine's day , We were very busy that whole weekend, and the staff took great pride in making it very special for all of the Valentine's.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 27, 2010

My husband and I had no choice but to stay here, since we had a funeral to attend on SI. The first room was disgusting, the bathroom floor was dirty and sticky, the bed was older than dirt, it had more sink holes, you would think you were laying on swiss cheese! Oh and it was nice being kept company in bed by the bed bugs! When i went to complain the girl at the desk rolled her eyes and walked away, I asked where she was going that i wanted another room and she got nasty and said she was looking for one and rolled her eyes again. Management did nothing! What is a shower without hot water??? No hot water and if you were lucky to get any it was for all of 2 minutes. They defintly don't believe in sound proofing the rooms. I heard the whole conversation of the room next to us. they put us on the same floor as a the party guests they had and at 2 am to ohhh about 5 i got to listen to the drunken tirades and slamming of the doors. You couldn't use the pool because they had parties of little kids ruunning around, they opened it after the party, but who wants to swim in a pool after little kids have been swimming in it and god knows what else. It wasn't stressfull enough to have to bury a loved one but to go through this?? I disputed the charge on my credit card. I refuse to pay for service in a dump like this place. Now I know when i have to come to SI there is much nicer hotel's and even motels in New Jersey not that far at all from Si.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SINYNative
First let me apologize for your loss,as well as your subpar stay. The staff is usually courteous and diligent in problem solving,as you can read from the other posts, this behavior is not tolerated and is not a good reflection of the fantastic staff that we have. . i would like to comment on some issues and will work to make sure that the issues do not arise again, fortunately the hotel is busy and we do alot of weddings, which is the reason that we have many security guards to walk the floors for noise from some party goers ,which is why i cant believe the noise was for 3 hours straight, is there noise absolutely , but we typically control the guests give them different places to go downstairs where, they are not an issue to our other guests. WE Apologize that you do not like to swim in a pool that has had children in it but we do not turn anyone away as long as they are guests of the hotel and are with there parents. The cleanliness of the hotel is typically a bragging point of ours so i do have to say i am sorry we did not meet your expectations on that, we will strive for much better next time, in response to the bedbugs, we are surrounded by 415 acres of beautiful grounds and prserved wetlands, while gorgeous, it is natural to have some insects in the area but we have the best company in the world eco-lab pest control , and what people take for bedbugs is 99 percent of the time something else as in this case. having said all of that , i would love for you to return and when you do contact me personally and i wil make your next stay a wonderful one !
Okemos, MI
Reviewed January 13, 2010

I'm surprised at some of the really bad reviews--I had a great time over the weekend. I was visiting family nearby and loved that the hotel, without traffic, was just about 20 minutes from Newark Airport. Christine at the front desk was helpful and friendly and when I asked for a quiet room she delivered in spades. I found staff consistently helpful. I thought the room as large for NYC standard (though a bit worn around the edges), the king size bed comfortable. There was no in-room safe and no shaving/makeup mirror despite the description on some travel sites, but that didn't bother me as much as the fact that there was easily more than an inch at the bottom of the door, and inch of space between the door and the floor. That meant that the cold of the hallway crept into the room. The highlight for me, however, was eating at Lorenzo's which had great, cheerful staff and superb Italian food. I had a lemony shrimp risotto with capers and artichokes to die for, and the gnocchi and arancini were also excellent.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind words, we strive to make your stay as pleasurable as possible, we hope to see you in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staten Island
#6 of 7 in Staten Island
Hotel Executive Suites
Hotel Executive Suites
#2 of 2 in Carteret

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island? Share your experiences!