“pleasently surprised”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cruz Bay, St. John
“pleasently surprised”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

This hotel is meticulously maintained and the staff is super.
I happened upon it while my husband is on business on the island and it was a lovely stay.
Most impressively there is artwork throughout the building that has all been hadn picked and its a stunning collection. I have never been a fan of the Hilton product but the owners of this property must be doing something right.
If you happen to be there on a weekend the hotel houses some very large banquet facilties and along with this comes noise, and lots of it. Prepare yourself accordingly.

Room Tip: Ask to not be placed under the nightclub
Green Features: I applaud the enviromental effort here at the Hilton. Although I do think that the quality of the linens decreases when these programs are in place
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank princessbadissa
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear princessbadissa,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm pleased that your stay with us was enjoyable and you had a chance to appreciate the many pieces of hand picked art displayed throughout the hotel. We sincerely hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Staten Island, United States
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed there with family for 5 days, asked for a different room when they offer you the room right above the kitchen (strong smells), the pool was closed for Easter which was a bummer since my kids loved the pool

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Silke P,
Thank you for takiing the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all feed back, both good and bad. I would like to apologize that you had to move rooms due to being above the kitchen. It's the first time we've heard such a complaint and we will definitely look into that. In regards to the pool, as a New York state law, we are required to have a life guard on duty and we use an outside company for the life guards we have which limits our pool hours. Please contact me directly if you're ever in the area again. We hope to see you soon
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is old and not maintained at all. The bathroom faucet came off in my hand. The furniture is all worn and frayed. I've seen better stuff at the Salvation army. The noise is horrible all over the hotel from the night club and party rooms. Forget about getting a good night sleep. I would avoid this place if I were you.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Robert L,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value all guest feedback, both the good and the bad. We are in the process of renovating all of our guest rooms and replacing the furniture as well. I hope you come back to visit us when these renovations are complete. Please email me directly so I can ensure that you're stay with us will be expemplary.
Malta, NY
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

If you are staying on Staten Island this is a very nice well maintained hotel with an excellent Italian Restaurant. My room was clean and quiet and the little workout facility had modern working equipment. I most enjoyed an outstanding veal dinner and excellent wine. I will definitely done here the next time I am in town.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Donna M
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Donna M,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed both your stay and your experiences at our on property Italian restaurant, Lorenzo's. The veal dinner you had is one of our many great dishes that are served. We look forward to seeing you again.
Vernon NJ, United States
Reviewed April 12, 2014

The accommodations are excellent. The hotel is a bit off the beaten path, but convenient to major roads and transportation for access to NY/NJ. My only complaint is that the free wifi was not reliable and slow, and hyou'll need a newspaper to get a guide to the TV.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Richard M
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Richard M,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are aware of the slow wifi connection, which is a more recent issue, and we are working to fix that. Thank you for your feedback and hope to see you soon.
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The staff is always friendly they go out of there way to make sure you enjoy your stay, but there's always one menber of the staff that always stands out & that would be Bobbie in the bar he always got a jokee & a smile on his face you can tell that he takes great pride it what he does makes everyone feel welcome, I'd have to say that Bobbie is one of the best bartenders working in a hotel that I've seen in a while so if you go there to stay be sure & check out the bar.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear Jefferey L,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us. Bobby is a wonderful member of our fantastic team who are dedicated to ensuring our guests feel as welcome as you did. We look forward to seeing you again.
Glastonbury, Connecticut
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The walls are paper thin, I heard people in the next room all night long and I could hear them in the vent in the bathroom. The hot the day I used it was below the skimmer, and not very hot. The fitness room is a little out dated. The staff was excellent always very helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank francoi485
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Francoi485,
Thank you for taking to the time to review our hotel. While I'm glad that our staff was able to assist you with your needs, I would like to apologize for the noise that disrupted your stay and that you weren't satisfied with our fitness center. We will definitely look into those issues. I sincerely hope we see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staten Island
#6 of 7 in Staten Island
Hotel Executive Suites
Hotel Executive Suites
#2 of 2 in Carteret

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island? Share your experiences!