“WHat an experience”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Staten Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We live approximately 5 miles from this local hotel but stay her frequently for a little escape. We celebrated our 15th yr anniversary last weekend and was surprised when room service delivered chocolate covered strawberries, a bottle of champagne and an anniversary card. They really went the extra mile to make our stay that much more pleasurable. We look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christopher P
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear Christopher P,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm elated that your stay was enjoyable and that we were able to help celebrate your anniversary. We intend to go above and beyond for all of our guests and we're looking forward to seeing you again.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Good hotel. Graet staff. THe older gentleman in the bar Friday and Saturday was rude and seemed unhappy that he had to be there. Gave me a attitude and jetted out as soon as they let him leave at when I was still sitting at the bar and people were leaving. The hotel was great. Clean and the spa in there is very good.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Eric H,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a chance to try out our spa. I'm disappointed to hear about your less than satisfactory experience at the bar, it is not a usual occurance. Like we discussed over the phone, I will bring it to the attention of the Lorenzo's manager. Again, please contact me directly for your next stay and I will do everything in my power to ensure your next experience is better.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We had the pleasure of enjoying a lovely suite on the 3rd floor of this fine hotel. The hotel, staff, accommodations and amentities are wonderful. We were on the Cabaret Show and Dinner package and it could not have been better. This is a must as they have some great shows and there is so much going on at this hotel. Book as soon as you can, you will not be sorry. We will be returning again and again. We were there and saw the Louis Prima, Jr. show---a must. Staff is fantastic.

Room Tip: Be certain to ask to stay in a quiet suite or room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear janie51,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm delighted that you had the chance to experience our dinner and cabaret in Lorenzo's. And thank you for the kind words about our hotel and staff. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Facilities were excellent and staff went above and beyond to help me arrange transport to my various destinations and the airport. The only black marks during my stay were that my rooms smelled strongly of stale smoke and I could smell it when people started smoking in the room next to mine. Also, I could hear their conversations very easily through the wall.

Dear William D,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. While I'm please to hear that our staff was able to assist you with your transportation needs, I'm disappointed to hear that your room smelled like smoke and that you were able to hear the noise from the room next door. We intend for our guests to have a comfortable stay. If you're ever in the area again, please contact me personally so I can ensure your stay with us exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

the property is great but the food in the restaurant/room service is not great. I enjoy my room the microwave and frig was very helpful but on my last night after a long shift of snow plowing I ordered room service which I regret. The food was not worth it.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear Andrew B,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value all guest feeback, good and bad. I'm glad that you were thrilled with our hotel and although you were disappointed with the room service, I'm happy that we found a way to rectify the situation. We loiok foward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Great and very helpful staff. Restaurant offered good food and good service. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Great overall experience. Good location, close to Wagner College. I would return and recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Louise M
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Louise M,
Thank you for the time you took to review our hotel. I'm delighted that your stay with us was appeasing and comfortable. I hope we see you again.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

The entire family had a blast staying at the Hilton Garden in Staten Island, New York. It is almost like a resort - restaurant and bar and I mean a real get down music ... we had lots of fun! A must stay if you are in the Staten Island area!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Onike D,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm thrilled that your stay with us was impeccable and you were able to indulge in the entertainment that we have available. We hope to see you and your family again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Staten Island
Ramada Staten Island
Ramada Staten Island
#5 of 7 in Staten Island
Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island? Share your experiences!