“good but no room service”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Staten Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 10, 2014

the property is great but the food in the restaurant/room service is not great. I enjoy my room the microwave and frig was very helpful but on my last night after a long shift of snow plowing I ordered room service which I regret. The food was not worth it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear Andrew B,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value all guest feeback, good and bad. I'm glad that you were thrilled with our hotel and although you were disappointed with the room service, I'm happy that we found a way to rectify the situation. We loiok foward to seeing you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,196)

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Great and very helpful staff. Restaurant offered good food and good service. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Great overall experience. Good location, close to Wagner College. I would return and recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Louise M
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Louise M,
Thank you for the time you took to review our hotel. I'm delighted that your stay with us was appeasing and comfortable. I hope we see you again.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

The entire family had a blast staying at the Hilton Garden in Staten Island, New York. It is almost like a resort - restaurant and bar and I mean a real get down music ... we had lots of fun! A must stay if you are in the Staten Island area!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Onike D,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm thrilled that your stay with us was impeccable and you were able to indulge in the entertainment that we have available. We hope to see you and your family again.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We loved our stay here for a wedding. It was a fun hotel with a huge lobby, lively entertainment, great owners (yes, we met them!) and wonderful staff. We attended a wedding at Above and had so much fun! We'll be back.

1  Thank RileyM1980

Dear RileyM1980,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm pleased that your hotel stay was exemplary and you had a chance to experience the entertainment in the lobby lounge. And thank you for the kind words about our staff. We endeavor to ensure all of our guests feel welcome and comfortable. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This hotel has everything you could want for a relaxing getaway weekend. The restaurant Lorenzo's is 5 star. The owners take real pride of the property, personally greeting and seeing to the satisfaction of their guests.

1  Thank Stephen E

Dear Stephan E,
I appreciate the time you took to review our hotel. I'm pleased that you were able to relax and enjoy your weekend stay with us. I'm exultant that your Lorenzo's experience was exemplary. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This one of my favorite HGI hotels in the Northeast. I needed to check in a day early due to a winter snow storm which dumped 11" of snow. The girls at the front desk (Nancy, Kim , Jamie) did a great job finding myself and my two co workers rooms a day early. This Hotel has a great Bar and restaurant and food is great. I usally stay here over 30 days a year and with the current renovation of the Bar and lobby makes this property look even prettier. Thanks again to the front desk

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear William J E,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm pleased that we were able to accommodate both you and your coworkers earlier than you were expected. We appreciate your kind words about our new renovations. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We were visiting friends and stayed overnight on a saturday at the Hilton Garden Inn in staten island. WHAT A LOVELY SURPRISE.. We arrived at 6pm and the front desk was very attentive. We ate dinner at their restaurant,Lorenzo's, and the meals were excellent. The ambiance including a piano player with dinner music was exceptional. Service was equally exceptional.
After dinner the best was yet to come. They have a lobby lounge with a piano player who sings accompanied by a trombone player who also sang. The piano entertainer was phenomenal. We will definitely go back just to see her. We danced and sang along with the music. We have stayed in many a Hilton Garden Inns but never one as great as this.
The breakfast the next morning was as excellent as the night before especially the service.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Kaylinn H, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Stevedandsherid,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm delighted that our hotel exceeded your expectations and that you had a chance to enjoy Lorenzo's and the piano bar in the lobby. I sincerely hope that we see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Staten Island
#6 of 7 in Staten Island
Hotel Executive Suites
Hotel Executive Suites
#2 of 2 in Carteret

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island? Share your experiences!