“Paper thin walls”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ohio
“Paper thin walls”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The customer service has been great. The room is clean and very modern. However, the walls are paper thin. This hotel accepts dogs. I have slept with ear plugs for the last two nights. I am sure this must be what it is like to sleep in a kennel. Additionally, last night I could hear every detail of my neighbors conversation. And they were not talking in overly loud voices. I would probably stay at the Hampton next door in the future. The wasn't as nice, but it was quieter.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jewela A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Lightbydesign,

Thank you for staying with us and for having the time to leave us a review.

We sincerely apologize that you didn't have a good stay with us. We understand your frustration with the noise disturbance and apologize it prevented you from getting the good night rest you deserve.

We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly work to improve our guest satisfaction. We hope to have another opportunity to show you the quality stay you deserve the next time you travel in our area.

Jewela Anova

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed 3 night in the fall and attended my nephew's wedding and then reception at the hotel.
The property was just about to open another addition which would double it's size. We arrive late and the front desk was very friendly . Upon entering our room it was very warm because of no fan being on . A call to the front desk and our room was changed promptly.
The reception was beautiful . One room for Cocktails and appetizers then lead into the dinning room for a seven course meal at the conclusion we went back to the reception area for an unbelievable dessert feast.
It is the happening place in Staten Island. Wonderful experience, shuttle service to the Ferry.
I would go back in a second.

Room Tip: Upper floors on the back ,great views
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank toonderdan
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Hotel was clean and the staff did their job but no room service ubtill 5:00pm, I like breakfast in my room... The music from the club makes it hard to sleep, and the loby is always nosy and full of people...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Michael G,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We apologize that you didn't have the chance to have breakfast in your room due to us not having the room service available at that time. We are working on changing the room service hours to accomodate every guests needs.

We appreciate your comments and will continue to work hard to satisfy our guest the best way we can.

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Here for a company dinner and dance. Company had a rate which was sold out and imwas accommodated. Check in friendly, party was excellent, food and service excellent. Went to lorenzos and roof top bar. Entire night was right on.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kazu79,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us during your company dinner dance. We strive to give you our guest the best service you deserve. The entire staff at the Hilton Garden Inn, Staten Island will be informed of your great review.

Centereach, New York
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The staff was helpful and friendly, the hotel was clean with a lot to offer. The roof top bar was beautiful and the dinner show/resturant was more than I expected. They seem to have something for everyone. Overall we had a great time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle F
Jewela A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Michelle F,

Thank you for your review.

Our staff strive to go above and beyond in serving our guests. I am glad that your experience at our hotel was great and was more than you expected. Thank you for visiting our hotel and hope we get to serve you again on your next trip to Staten Island, NY.

NY
Reviewed February 19, 2013

To be more specific at check in one attendant was lost without me having a credit card. So I had to keep going around and around the fact that I wanted to pay cash. The second attendant came over assisted and understood the cash payment concept for everything. No problem. Was a little bit embarrassing in front of my guest but worked out fine. They were both VERY nice!

The food situation was a complete disaster. First of all I kept getting put on hold and forgotten about. Then I discover because it's Valentines day the menus gets reduced to like 10 items.. How can a kitchen ANY kitchen not be able to oblige me with a simple hamburger... NONE of the regular menus items were available and my room had no "valentine specials only" menu.

Then the order was wrong And the only two main dinners were forgotten, then I had to call and get put on hold and forgotten about yet again. Then had to call back.. then waiting over an hour for that food.. I'll never eat at this hotel again. So why stay there? Jacked up prices on V day, Tiny bath tub in a King Sized Suite, the Hampton Inn was probably the way to go...

Not a good experience for a $600 dollar evening!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Jewela A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Mike C,

We are terribly sorry to hear about your disappointing visit with us over Valentine's Day. We strive to make every guest feel valued and welcome beginning at check-in through our service and we apologize this was not your experience.

We have shared your comments with our team and we will use them as part of our ongoing training to provide the best hotel stay possible for all of our guests moving forward.

We hope you will consider staying with us again so we might show you the quality service and stay you deserve the next time you are looking to get away.

Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was moved to this hotel after a horrible stay at one of the nearby competitors. What a change for the better.

The restaurant was good. Different menu for room service. Friendly staff.

The rooms are a decent size.

The mini frige froze everything. The cable was ok until they did some sort of upgrade. Now the channels sometimes go in and out. Sometimes I have to turn the tv on and off for it to respond and sometimes it blasts the volume before it goes to a normal volume.

I've stayed at other Garden Inns befor and normally love the adjustable beds, but this room had uneven settings where one part of the bed adjusts and the other doesn't. Construction was tricky too. My room faced the direction of the wind so when the winds were flyin, my room would have a constant breeze where I had to put the spare blanket on the a/c and heater unit to insulate it a little bit.

My biggest issue is that there is only 1 washer and dryer for the entire building. The dryer was put to the limits from people overloading it. Now it clanks real loud. Very pricey but worth the price.

Room Tip: There is a chocolate factory next door. You can visit it and get great prices on the candies they m...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ron R,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am glad you had a wonderful stay with us after having to move from one hotel to ours.

I apologize that you had a bad experience with our TV channels. We were in the process of switching to a new provider, adding new channels to our TV listing. There are no excuse and we are terribly sorry that it affected your stay.

Also, we are very thankful for informing us about the issues with our beds and the laundry facility. Your detailed review will help us correct and improve our service.

Once again, we are grateful for your review and hope you can give us another chance to serve you the best way we can.

Sincrely,

Ramada Staten Island
Ramada Staten Island
#5 of 7 in Staten Island
Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island? Share your experiences!