Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island
$165
$149
$130
$101
Comfort Inn Staten Island(Staten Island)(Great Value!)
$121
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,229 results
All reviewsfront deskcocktail hourhilton gardengreat restaurantfree shuttleshuttle servicehome away from homecruise portnew yorkomeletbusiness centerweddinghgieventballroomlorenzosnightclub
Reviewed February 19, 2013

To be more specific at check in one attendant was lost without me having a credit card. So I had to keep going around and around the fact that I wanted to pay cash. The second attendant came over assisted and understood the cash payment concept for everything. No problem. Was a little bit embarrassing in front of my guest but worked out fine. They were both VERY nice!

The food situation was a complete disaster. First of all I kept getting put on hold and forgotten about. Then I discover because it's Valentines day the menus gets reduced to like 10 items.. How can a kitchen ANY kitchen not be able to oblige me with a simple hamburger... NONE of the regular menus items were available and my room had no "valentine specials only" menu.

Then the order was wrong And the only two main dinners were forgotten, then I had to call and get put on hold and forgotten about yet again. Then had to call back.. then waiting over an hour for that food.. I'll never eat at this hotel again. So why stay there? Jacked up prices on V day, Tiny bath tub in a King Sized Suite, the Hampton Inn was probably the way to go...

Not a good experience for a $600 dollar evening!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Jewela A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear Mike C,

We are terribly sorry to hear about your disappointing visit with us over Valentine's Day. We strive to make every guest feel valued and welcome beginning at check-in through our service and we apologize this was not your experience.

We have shared your comments with our team and we will use them as part of our ongoing training to provide the best hotel stay possible for all of our guests moving forward.

We hope you will consider staying with us again so we might show you the quality service and stay you deserve the next time you are looking to get away.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was moved to this hotel after a horrible stay at one of the nearby competitors. What a change for the better.

The restaurant was good. Different menu for room service. Friendly staff.

The rooms are a decent size.

The mini frige froze everything. The cable was ok until they did some sort of upgrade. Now the channels sometimes go in and out. Sometimes I have to turn the tv on and off for it to respond and sometimes it blasts the volume before it goes to a normal volume.

I've stayed at other Garden Inns befor and normally love the adjustable beds, but this room had uneven settings where one part of the bed adjusts and the other doesn't. Construction was tricky too. My room faced the direction of the wind so when the winds were flyin, my room would have a constant breeze where I had to put the spare blanket on the a/c and heater unit to insulate it a little bit.

My biggest issue is that there is only 1 washer and dryer for the entire building. The dryer was put to the limits from people overloading it. Now it clanks real loud. Very pricey but worth the price.

Room Tip: There is a chocolate factory next door. You can visit it and get great prices on the candies they make.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Jewela A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Ron R,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am glad you had a wonderful stay with us after having to move from one hotel to ours.

I apologize that you had a bad experience with our TV channels. We were in the process of switching to a new provider, adding new channels to our TV listing. There are no excuse and we are terribly sorry that it affected your stay.

Also, we are very thankful for informing us about the issues with our beds and the laundry facility. Your detailed review will help us correct and improve our service.

Once again, we are grateful for your review and hope you can give us another chance to serve you the best way we can.

Sincrely,

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The Hilton Garden INN on Staten Island has the most congenial staff I have experienced in 30 years of travel.
The front desk, the restraunt and Lorenzo's Bar all have great service and a warm and helpful attitude.
A great Place to Stay!!!

Room Tip: Enjoy the New "ABOVE" Lounge on Thursday, Friday and saturday!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Jewela A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Gebhardt9160,

The entire staff at the Hilton Garden Inn Staten Island are very thankful for your review. It is very nice to hear from a loyal Hilton member that we have given you an excellent service.

Also, I'm glad you had the chance to visit and experience the new bar and lounge "Above".

We value our guests and that is why we strive to do our best to ensure you get the service you deserve.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was only there for one night and I wish it was more the way I was treated!
first, I love the chocolate cookies that they offer to you! They gave me a beautiful room with an additional living loom area and additional tv which I actually didn't need, but it was nice. I ate in the restaurant for lunch and it was spectacular! I had the salmon lunch item!
Later I stopped at the bar and had a glass of wine and again the service was excellent! The people behind the check-in desk were so friendly and accommodating. I received a hand-written note with a free movie which I didn't have the time to see but the thought was awesome!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve B
Jewela A, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Steve B.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us even though it was just for a short period of time. Hope you get to visit us again and take advantage of our free shuttle to the Staten Island Ferry/Newark Airport/Bayonne Cruise port.

On your next visit, I want to invite you to experience our new bar/lounge "Above Rooftop" which is open every Thursday - Saturday from 9PM to 4AM.

Once again, thank you and will definitely let my team know about your review.

Regards,

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Our stay at Hilton Garden Inn on Staten Island was great. The rooms were immaculately clean. The Hotel has dancing every Friday and Saturday evening. Also, they have a Club named Above on the Rooftop . We definitely will stay there again when we come to NY. They cater to Weddings, showers, business functions. I give it a 12 out of 10!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Linda C,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for complimenting us on the quality of our rooms. Our housekeeping department works very hard to meet our guests expectations.

The entire staff at the Hilton Garden Inn Staten Island, New York are very thankful for your wonderful review and for giving us 12 out 10 rating!!!!

We go above and beyond for our guests... And promise a 100% satisfaction guaranteed.